AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost a year of working fine, all the recordings on my 4000 failed today. It looks like it had auto-rebooted this morning. The recordings were all less than a minute, and said something about the video source being bad.

I checked that I had a TV signal and tried to tune to live TV. It displayed the program info of what it was trying to show, but the main ReplayTV welcome screen never changed. The program info faded after a few seconds, like it usually does.

I'm not sure if this was related, but when I then tried to play recorded material, I got video, but no audio.

A warm reboot by holding down the power button changed nothing. A cold reboot by cycling the power on the UPS did the trick, though.

What's worrisome is that it might fail like this again on any given day. Any idea what the problem was and how to prevent/fix it?

//Ken

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had the same problem. A reboot cleared it up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a similar problem and it fixed itself overnight. I tried a soft boot, but that didn't fix it. I didn't try a hard boot.

Perhaps we had a power failure or it did a hard boot on it's own (can it do that?).

Max.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has done this for three days in a row now. A warm boot fixed the problem today after 11 shows didn't record. If anybody knows why this is happening please share.:confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you received the updated OS from SB.

I heard the OS was rolled out on 12/10/2002.

Since then, my 5040 failed to record schedule show and crashed a few times.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pda
I heard the OS was rolled out on 12/10/2002.
I believe it started rolling out yesterday 12/12/2002.

It was built on 12/10/2002 according to 411-zones. This is the

quickest time between build date and rollout in memory.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
This is the quickest time between build date and rollout in memory.
See! There is a benefit to laying of the QA department!

Robert

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Do you received the updated OS from SB
Would that be good or bad? (I'm guessing bad)

I'm running 520430290

//Ken

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just had it happen again this morning. A soft reboot cleared it. My 4504 is running software build on 7/31/02.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.