AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone could help me with this i would appriciate it :)

I just moved to a new house, and when I hooked up my replay, the tuner stopped working properly. It was set to cable tv with no cable box (never changed), but it does not pick up any of the channels. The only picture I can get is when i tune to channel 8, and it will get a very fuzzy picture (The signal it is getting from channel 8 is definately not the real channel 8 hear on cable or regular antanae). The same thing happens when I set it to regular non cable tv.

I can very everything fine with a perfect signal when the cable is hooked up straight to the tv, and the cable was just installed with a brand new drop from the telephone pole.

So far replaytv support has not been very helpful. I'm not sure if i want to spend money for shipping it back and labor costs, so any help from here would be appriciated

Thanks!

Isaac

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Your sure your using the same cable from the wall to the 4504 that you used when you went from the wall to the TV?

We all the know the tuners inside are weaker than they should be, you might need a signal booster.

If you have a VCR (maybe as a showpiece), you can try setting the output to Ch3 or 4 and go into the 4504 to see if it's giving you a good picture.

Just a few crazy ideas. Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ace.

I just got a suggestion from replaytv that I should try this. Do you know where I could get one cheap? I found at circuut city for $99. It would be nice if i could find one cheaper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone,

I plugged the svideo input from my laptop and still do not get any signal. When i press the bypass button on the remote i get a black screen with a bright green box near the top of the screen. I think there is either definate hardware or software problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.