AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When watching a show, and a recording comes up, it will always go to the other show, and we have to select recent to go back.

It would be nice if when the info about the recording comes up, it would allow you to "exit" and not switch to the other show.

Also, when another recording is finished, I have noticed that the currently watched program will stop and switch to the other tuner, giving a momentary black screen pause. (Anyone else notice this, is it common, or a problem with the box?)

I get great signals from both lines (even better than the previous Sony A55 box). This is a Sony W60, 2 weeks out of the box.

Keith

·
Registered
94 Posts
You're watching LIVE TV?!?

If there are no other recordings going on at the same time (or immediately before), I have no idea why it would do that. You could probably pause the live broadcast for a couple of seconds; that might keep it from switching.

However, if there is a recording finishing at the same time as the new show is schedule to start, it will need to use the 2nd tuner to take care of the overlap.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not the case. Just 1 recording while watching another. Say, watching King of Queens last night(which was recording), while recording The Daily Show (it wanted to switch to it, even though it was recording KoQ and we had it on CBS, so we had to switch back), when The Daily Show was over (8:35), I noticed a quick black screen.

I haven't gone back to see if it is there on the Yes, Dear recording (not sure if I recorded that or not).

Keith

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you were recording KoQ _and_ watching KoQ, you may have been using both tuners, depending on how you switched to KoQ -- You may have been watching another channel, for instance, when KoQ switched the other tuner over to it; then you changed your tuner over to KoQ while it was still recording. When the other scheduled event came up, it wanted to use your tuner, and switched you over to the one recording KoQ.

I don't think this is a normal occurence, but I don't usually watch live TV. Often, if I want to watch a show that's currently being recorded, I'll get to it thru My Shows instead of the Guide (but I'll usually watch something else first, giving it enough time to be able to skip commercials).

Is this something that's happened to you often, or just that one time?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I have both set to record (series). It should be smart enough to know that if I am on one, I don't want to be switched to the other, or at least give me the option.

Also, the black screen when done, as if switching to the other tuner, like A is the prominant one and to watch a second, you have to watch it on B, but when it is done with recording on A, it will switch the live view back to A.

If this is the case, then it's not really a bug, but a program logic failure. Maybe it's the only way that the program can keep 2 tuners straight (instead of just taking the one not in use).

This may be a limitation of the system, but I would hate to think that, since it seems to be capable of quite a bit.

Keith

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I checked out my recorded program for Yes, Dear, and there was a barely noticable glitch (probably wouldn't have seen it if not looking) where it would have finished recording The Daily Show, which would have been at 8:35 PST.

I don't know if there is any way to prove my hypothesis, but I think the unit likes recording and viewing on Tuner 1, and will switch back to it whenever it can, even in the middle of recording a second program with Tuner 2.

Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.