AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi @ all ...

Do anyone know any optimizations / tuning options for the above mentioned D-ILA JVC DLA-G20U projector ? -> I heard, that anyone get a better contrast about 1200:1 out of it ...

-> SO: Is there only the option of calibrating the projector ?

(Oh. AND is the calibration only possible @ a home-cinema-shop, or is it also possible, that I make it on my own ?
-> I heard, that there are a few "calibration programms" available ... but I also don´t understand, how this should work ^^)

I hope, that anyone can help me a little bit

Because I can get it quite cheap ... -> around 400 (with a bulb around 100h of 1000h max.). And I can also get the replacement bulbs REALLY cheap ...

And if the calibration / tuning is TOO expensive, i´ll maybe try to get a cheap Ampro 4200 (with like new tubes) for around 1000$ (also from a private source). But the DLA will be better, because I don´t have the chance, of attaching the projector to the reiling, and because the room is nearly too small for a CRT projector ^^

Thx to anyone, who post something

Greetings

Tscheckoff

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
William Phelps is the king of Dila calibration. I doubt you will get 1200:1 contrast on that projector. I have a G11 and the best was about 570:1. There is a program called Dilard that was able to get much larger contrast ratios, but it was screwing up other parts of the picture in order to get such large contrast ratios

To contact William, i think he goes by WM on this forum

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've gotten myself a new source for my JVC G-11 and now am digging up my own copy of Dilard and license from way back when. I've found 2.3, but not 2.4.x which would be the more recent of the versions which my key should work.

Anyone know where I can get a copy of 2.4.x (most recent pre 3.0 version)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Beware a used G20. This is a very old projector now. I've seen several that had very low output even with a brand new lamp. Less than a G15. A G20 won't achieve 1200:1 On/Off CR. 550 maybe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. I didn´t bought it ^^

Too many, which has to be tuned ...

Too expensive bulbs (also, when I´ll get it used with a few hours on it directly from JVC) :-/

I think, I´ll look after a good (cheap) CRT projector ;-)

But thx for the answers @ all ...

Greetings

Tscheckoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.