AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Mitsu HD5 (e86 clone) I never watch SD OTA, and would like to be able to tune to the DTV channels without the sub channel. For example

Press just "8" instead of having to press "8-1"

Personally I don't mind but I would like to record via the s-video out to my ReplayTV, and the Replay seems to only be able to output "8" not "8-1" from the ir blaster.

Is there a way to map a channel? So that when I press 8 on the remote it goes to 8-1?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm not sure about maping, but you can also setup your timer to switch to the HD station after your DVR switches to it. Show comes on at 8PM switch to HD at 8:01PM

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you have to go into the setup of the local channels and turn on the analog channels to get them to appear when you just hit "8". I have done that with success.. You may also want to try keying in 0008 on the box to force it to 8 then ad that channel in your map/channel list after the box recognizes it.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
With my E86 I have not found a way to do what you wish.

The easiest way to do this might be to add 8-1 and other -1,2or 3 channels to your turobtune.

I use mine for my D* HD channels and ATSC channels.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK sounds good.

I will just program my e86 to switch to that channel using the VCR feature.

Then I will tell me ReplayTV to record via the Antenna in, so it won't send out the IR.

I do like the turbo tune suggestion for regular flipping through.

Thank you for replying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.