AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when the last nail is set and the insul-shield is covered just how do you go about tunning the room to find out if you have any issues to correct?

Just how do you figure out if you need a bass trap or a diffuser etc. and proper placement?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would recommend testing before the fabric goes up on the wall. Use a good RTA that can give you a time-level-frequency plot, as well as standard frequency response. This will give you a good idea on what's going on regarding absorption, modal characteristics, and room/speaker response.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Double post - weird...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must be an echo.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CV63
Must be an echo.
Haha, the echo was 7 minutes after the initial post... that's one heck of an echo problem!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well youre in Cali and Im in NJ so it stands to reason that the echo would take a while. Lets see....3,000 miles and sound travels at 700+ mph depending on atmospheric conditions...... hmmm the echo must have used a worm hole.:D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John G
...Use a good RTA
Nice thread.

(About to show my ignorance) I assume "RTA" is real time analyzer?

Where do you get one? What does it cost? What distinguishes a good RTA from a bad one?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Actually, a good tutorial on this topic would be really nice if someone has the time. Both the theory, and the practical. Sort of a "what do I do?, and what am I looking for?" Then, of course, what to do to correct it.

Oh, yeah. In layman's terms, please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.