AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...S3_Remote.html

Unity4Life's Games|Shadow dongle adds the PS3 to your Blackberry's device menu and lets you use it as a remote! Gives you full control over movies and all the PS3's menus; even lets you use the keyboard. The dongle is coming out in April for $40, there is a video of it in action at the link above.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
That's pretty sweet.

I wish someone would make an app for the iPhone.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Oh man that rules! I'm getting a Blackberry Storm in a couple of weeks so this will be fun to play with.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Neat, but pointless in my book. The ONLY remote I'm looking forward to, and I hope it hasn't been released otherwise I'm buying it, is when Harmony makes a compatible all in one remote that has BT built in

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 /forum/post/15560181

Neat, but pointless in my book. The ONLY remote I'm looking forward to, and I hope it hasn't been released otherwise I'm buying it, is when Harmony makes a compatible all in one remote that has BT built in

+1, hopefully they make one soon.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Should be easy for them to provide a version of the software for anything that used Windows Mobile. Phones, PDAs, etc. My Axim X51V has IR and BT...

·
Registered
92 Posts
ok maybe im the only one here who thinks this is badass but i dont care. if i can use my phones keyboard to type messages/surf the web on my ps3 then that is [email protected]# awesome. the ps3 has a browser that i never use b/c typing anything is a huge pain in the ass, and sure i could go buy a bluetooth keyboard or plug a usb one but that costs more money than i want to spend. the only prob is i dont have a crackberry
but hopefully a palm version will be released.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone /forum/post/15631040

ok maybe im the only one here who thinks this is badass but i dont care. if i can use my phones keyboard to type messages/surf the web on my ps3 then that is [email protected]# awesome. the ps3 has a browser that i never use b/c typing anything is a huge pain in the ass, and sure i could go buy a bluetooth keyboard or plug a usb one but that costs more money than i want to spend. the only prob is i dont have a crackberry

Why not just buy the PS3 controller keyboard add on for about the same price?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/15631070

Why not just buy the PS3 controller keyboard add on for about the same price?

Where the hell do you get a new blackberry for $50??

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15631114

If you only knew!

·
Registered
799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynn /forum/post/15558702

Oh man that rules! I'm getting a Blackberry Storm in a couple of weeks so this will be fun to play with.

I hade the storm and returned it. It's simply not ready for prime time, imo.

This blackberry remote functionality would be cool if it were free or cheap. I would use it solely to type messages and with the web browser. At $40, I'd rather by one of those keyboards.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:

The dongle is $40, which is close to $50.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I got a refurb Curve a year ago for $50 and it still works fine.

I don't see much point in this. I'd rather keep using my full-size Logitech keyboard, or now that the new little add-on keyboard is available, that's an option too. I wouldn't use the Curve in place of my BD remote when watching movies. For $20, I like the Sony BD remote.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone /forum/post/15631040

Here's a palm app called BlueRemote that makes the palm look like a bluetooth keyboard. Just pair it with the ps3 and use your palm as a keyboard. I tried the demo with my TX and it seems to work fine with the PS3. You might want to check it out.

http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod6593330

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

Quote:

You can get a curve for less than $50 with new activation and rebate. I paid $69 for mine when they first came out.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 /forum/post/15560181

+1

I have the harmony 880 and I love it. Only thing missing is BT for the PS3

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rec'd my unify4life unit last week and it is working great so far.

set-up was easy. wife and i both have blackberrys for work so no issue there...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts