AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my current delay-in-Japanese customs issue (still there after it was sent on 5-22 - see my other thread for details), I'm just wondering how long it took, for those who had to return their projector for warranty/repair work to Japan, to get back a new/repaired PJ?

Just curious.

:confused:

Thanks for the feedback.

PS: I'm assuming we're all dealing with Price Japan here.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine took about 7 weeks turnaround. Like you, I had customs problems, and they also had Golden Week(1 week Japanese vacation) while it was away.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7 weeks!?... That's long. Was it a replacement or a repair? How long exactly was it stuck in customs?... I was told this was a first in that customs requested proof that the PJ was indeed a Japanese model.

7 weeks is not great at all- so far I stand at 2 weeks, but it hasn't even reached them yet!

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine took 2 days from the time it was shipped, no customs problems for me. Mine like coolmo's was in Japan for about 7 weeks for repair.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It was a repair. It took mine about 10 days to get there because customs tried to charge them import tax and they had to dispute it back to the customs office. Then the customs office realized they had made a mistake. You may just get a replacement if it is a fairly new projector.

Just be patient. Find a different hobby for a while.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can be patient... And even though I had the PJ in my possession for a while I had only watched 2 full movies on it; so I do have other things to do every now and then.

^_^ Thanks for the advice though. I'll just revise my expectations for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is not the news I was hoping for! Mine left the US two days ago. I expected less than two weeks turnaround. If I'm going to have to wait 7 weeks, I'm just going to call AMEX and have them dispute the charges due to a faulty product. Hell, at this point I'd much rather pay the $500 more to get a warranteed US model here in the states.....

this sucks....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Total time for mine was about 16 days from the time I sent it to the time I got the new one.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
16 days, that's more like it. Well. if mine gets out of customs and I get a replacement versus a repair... There's hope... A chargeback is a little exreme and unfair, I think...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.