AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days my CA has not worked at all on TBS or TNT, but seems to work normally everywhere else. I am using AT&T cable, not Turner, and the Turner channels are only available on my Analog portion of my cable system.

Anyone else noticing this? I think its absolutely hilarious if they really took out the commercial signature :)

I know its most likely just CA being CA, but still... its a heck of a coincidence :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
I think its absolutely hilarious if they really took out the commercial signature :)
There is no commercial signature. There are probably things that the broadcasters could do to try fool CA. Not sure exactly what cues CA uses.

I dont think I watch any shows on turner, so I cant comment on CA success rate there. uh, I mean I am boycotting turner channels. ;-)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Boycotting Turner channels is pretty easy... I mean, there's nothing to watch over there, anyway.

Of course, I'm sure their CEO will accuse me of being a thief because I don't watch his channels.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Entrapment! I tell you, it's entrapment.... How can I watch the commercials on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) when there aren't any?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have a Law & Order theme channel and TBS airs reruns daily.

I watched and episode while on my exercise bike today and the CA did seem to act funny, but Law & Order has scene breaks that have always messed with CA. I will check more carefully when I get home.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Not watching Turner channels often I wouldn't notice how well CA is working there, but I have noticed on other channels that it doesn't work as well as others. Most of the time when CA doesn't work it is due to those 2 minute long megamercials. CA doesn't recognize these as commercials. I don't know how many times I've had to quickskip through those commercials for "The Best of Red Skelton" or "The Best of Classical Music."

My guess is that Turner has several of these long commercials and it is messing up our CA. Maybe we should sue them because their ads are causing CA problems :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I watch one show on TNT and to spite the CEO I use CA. CA is working just as well as on my other channels. I also have ATT. I am using one of the Motorola digital cable boxes as well.

Could it be a signal level issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.