AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup is as follows:

Windows 8.1 Intel HD Graphics 4600 video bios 2170 driver 10.18.10.3412 (tried several drivers)

I have a ASUS H87I-PLUS motherboard with a Intel Core i7-4770S (HD4600)

The DVI port is connected to my ASUS VN248H monitor.

The HDMI port is connected to a Yamaha RX-V375 reciever and then to a BenQ W1070 Projector

The DVI/Asus monitor is set as primary display.

I have a couple of issues, but his is the biggest one:

If I turn off either the Benq or the Yamaha (HDMI), my DVI port with Asus monitor also goes blank, leaving me without display.

I've tried swapping cables (dvi/hdmi connections) but it makes no difference. If I remove the Yamaha reciever the issue does not occur.

(Also this is a windows driver issue, does not happen on linux, also does not happen with basic windows display drivers. But I need those intel drivers for HW and dual display options.)

Obviously the reciever is sending some off codes that makes the graphics card shut down.

Intel refuse to accept it as a issue, because it does not happen when connected directly to projector, only when reciever is connected.

All suggestions are welcome !!

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Do you have HDMI CEC turned on in the receiver? It allows HDMI to detect when a device is powered on/off, input becomes active and changes to that input and so on. If you don't use CEC to control any devices and it's on turn it off and see if it helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a similar issue (though I'm on Windows 7). Annoyingly it only cropped up today.

I have two monitors connected via DVI to my EVGA GTX 670, and I have an Onkyo TX-NR929 in the living room (with LCD) connected via HDMI on the GFX card. Until this morning, things would work well: When I had my receiver off, I saw images on the two monitors. No worries. When I turned the receiver on, my office displays would disable themselves and the LCD would take over (that's how I set it up via the Nvidia control panel). This morning I decided to update the Nvidia driver. At the time I was in the living room, so the LCD was showing as the main display. That seems to have screwed the pooch.

Now when I turn off my receiver I lose my office displays (the DVI ones). It's pretty frustrating. I've removed the drivers, and run the drive sweeper tool to clean the registry as well, before reinstalling, but to no avail. It's pretty darn frustrating, to say the least! Especially when it's been working perfectly for almost a year now. Grrr.

My setup is as follows:

Intel i7 3820

Windows 7 Professional SP1

EVGA Geforce GTX 670 2GB

2x DVI Displays (1680x1050)

Onkyo TX-NR929

Samsung 55" LCD

After a good few hours on Google, it looks as though this is probably a Windows issue, rather than a GPU issue.

The current work around is to have my 929 on the whole time, and Windows-P between "computer" and "projector". That switches between displays nicely, but it's frustrating having to have the AVR on when it really doesn't need to be (and never needed to be before).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts