AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't think so, and it's another example of the rather weak usability of this PJ. Coupled with the fact that the silly remote lacks direct buttons for each input (have to cycle through them) and that it won't accept any remote signals for maybe 5 seconds after power-up, it isn't as user-friendly as it could be.

The picture quality makes up for many other shortcomings, though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree! The lack of direct input buttons on the HS-10 remote is one of the most glaring missing features. Cycling through the inputs is just goofy.

It also seems to take several pushes of the input key to get out of memory stick mode for my HS-10. Does anyone have this same result when trying to cycle out of the MS setting?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I sometimes find myself pushing the Input key several times; not sure if it's just getting out of MS mode or a more general problem. It sometimes acts like it misses some keypresses on the remote; or maybe it's that it responds slowly in going from (say) Video1 to SVideo1 and in my impatience I press it again. (And then sometimes it jumps forward by two inputs and I end up having to cycle all the way around again.

You'd think Sony would know how to do remotes better than this!

But as I mentioned above, all is forgiven once the picture comes up....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same here! In my case the HS10 input seem to get stuck longer a few seconds longer at Input-A than at the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.