AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to add an action to an existing activity which would turn my tv speakers off. There is a option in the Samsung TV menu to turn the tv speakers off, but I can't seem to find it on the Harmony site. When using my receiver and 5.1 setup, I'd like to also have my harmony turn off the tv speakers, and then back on when im not using it. Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Unless a discrete command exists somewhere to do this directly, you would have to go through the menu system just like you do with the original remote. With another remote, you could include that action in a macro, but with the Harmony, it has to be in an activity. You might want to give Harmnoy a call and see if they could help you add the steps to an activity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wanted the same so I set an activity " Watch TV" for when I want only the tv speakers and another "Watch HDTV" where I set a macro to mute the tv and turn on receiver for multichannel speakers. I also mute tv in my "Watch DVD" activity.

Mark

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya... problem is that if I add "Mute TV" to the activity, I get a nice big green "MUTE" on my screen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrank
I hear ya... problem is that if I add "Mute TV" to the activity, I get a nice big green "MUTE" on my screen.
Yeah, that sucks. Fortunately my Toshiba doesn't have the big 'Mute' lable on the screen :D

But I won't mind using the discrete signal too, if only it is a more elegant solution!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got a similar issue since I like to use the AVR and my wife likes to use the TV alone. A macro would be the way to go but Harmony remotes don't support that so what I do is at the start of my "watch TV" activity I turn the TV volume way down to zero using multiple Vol - commands. Then at the end of the activity I turn the TV volume back up to 7. Not an elegant solution but it works. I also set the channel back to her favorite channel.

Jon

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrank

My TV does the same thing, so I just decided not to use the TV speakers anymore. The volume on the TV is always down to zero and we watch everything through the receiver/speakers. It's been working great.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu
My TV does the same thing, so I just decided not to use the TV speakers anymore. The volume on the TV is always down to zero and we watch everything through the receiver/speakers. It's been working great.
Ditto...havent ever used the TV speakers since we bought it 2 yrs ago. Actually I dont think we even used the speakers on our old 46" 4:3 Sony that we had before the Hitachi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.