AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this has been mentioned before, but it bears repeating. While I am keeping up with the control your htpc with a pocket pc thread, I can't afford a wireless lan right now. I also desperately need IR control.

pdawin.com has updated there remote control for the ipaq series. It does not look quite as seemless as the other project started on this site, but it now supports a cf ir extender. There are links to pre-order this extender on their site. Cost is around 25 if I remember correctly. The app also has been updated to include the button depress graphics (previously it only displayed a negative image of the button.) The price is also at 15 dollars or so, for a limited time. They seem to be slowly but surely improving this program. Right now it does everything I need. I just wish it had a full screen mode. They have a shareware version, which times out.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I don't remember the program, but someone here posted a link to a program that worked on the Ipaq and could read Pronto CCFs. Do a search for "pronto" and "ipaq" and you might be able to find it.

You may still need the extender, but the software would be done, and you could use the vast knowledge base of Remote Central.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blipszyc,

Uh...yeah....that's the program I wrote about in my first post. I like it. I wanted everyone to know it had been updated....

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Whoa dude. You don't have to be rude about it. I guess I misread your post, but now that I went back and re-read it, its not really as clear as it could be.

Perhaps you could have made your title say something like "IPAQ Pronto software updated!" and then explained that PDAWin has updated thier software that reads CCF files. This would have made things a bit clearer.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry it came off as rude, guess that's the downside of e-mail, fourm messages, etc. You can never really know the writers intent. Maybe I should have stuck one of those cute smiley face things on the end.

But the whole second paragraph is about how they have updated it and the cost of things. It even includes the website. It just didn't seem like you had read the first post. In the future I will try and be more concise, too.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me out. And I am being serious. You just wanted to help out a fellow user. I appreciate it.

Have a nice day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.