AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to the forum.

I bought a Denon avr 1613 after Christmas and I like it fairly well. I have an old Denon turntable I bought in 1980 that works just fine. I bought a pre-amp this week and plugged it into the DVD rya input on the Denon. The sound level is very low. I had to turn the volume almost all the way up to get decent sound.

Is this normal. Do I need to do anything else to get better sound. I love vinyl and want to hear the rich sound.

thanks

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabble Rouser  /t/1467848/turntable-sound-levels#post_23192551

Hello all. New to the forum.

I bought a Denon avr 1613 after Christmas and I like it fairly well. I have an old Denon turntable I bought in 1980 that works just fine. I bought a pre-amp this week and plugged it into the DVD rya input on the Denon. The sound level is very low. I had to turn the volume almost all the way up to get decent sound.

Is this normal. Do I need to do anything else to get better sound. I love vinyl and want to hear the rich sound.

thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I had the exact same case as you have now with my Denon and a vintage turntable. Solution is easy. Turn up the source level in the AVR till you feel it's OK, or in other words the loudness of the vinyl is nearly the same as it is when playing a CD.

Page 91 of your Manual says:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. After reading on here some more, I figured that might be the case and played around last night. It is much better and I will experiment some more. I don't have it in front of me so sorry for if my next question doesn't use the right terms, but I remember finding a set digital inputs option or some such. The only choices were optical, coaxil and none, I think. I was looking for analog or RCA. Which setting is best for RCA?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabble Rouser  /t/1467848/turntable-sound-levels#post_23195749

Thanks. After reading on here some more, I figured that might be the case and played around last night. It is much better and I will experiment some more. I don't have it in front of me so sorry for if my next question doesn't use the right terms, but I remember finding a set digital inputs option or some such. The only choices were optical, coaxil and none, I think. I was looking for analog or RCA. Which setting is best for RCA?

Thanks very much.

You should not be looking for "set digital inputs", but for setting "source Level". But you said it's already working by plugging in RCA cable to the input labeled DVD. Just leave it like that and you are good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.