AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an emu 0404, and I was wondering the best way to hook a turntable up to it for playing music with computer speakers, Asuming I am using a preamp.

thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't know what an emu 404 is, but if it is a receiver and you already have the necessary pre amp needed for the magnetic cartridge output, then just feed the pre amp output to any input (except phono, but I assume the 404 does not have a phono input).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hello again Xinith. You must go through a preamp with phono input. You should not hook up the turntable directly to the sound card. Turntables feed a different signal than other line-level inputs.

This should help:
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article...,117810,00.asp

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats up dude :)

I am using a phono preamp :) The EMU 0404 is a soundcard. I was just wondering if there was a way to hook the Turntable up to the soundcard and listen to music through my computer speakers. I don't care to rip any music.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Line out from teh phono preamp, to line-in on your sound card. Chances are your sound card requires a 1/8" stereo mini-plug, so just stop by Radio Shack and buy an RCA to 1/8" stereo mini plug adapter....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.