AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A bit surprised there isn't a thread for Tusk at all. Well I mean sure it's not something hugely popular but it is a Kevin Smith film.

I actually watched this partially several months ago but hit the eject button about 20 min I guess I could have been tired or not in a great mood.

Then FF now I saw the trailer again but this time I noticed it was directed by Kevin Smith so of course I cue it up again.

Puh-Pow!!! It was as though I watched a completely diff movie altogether. So my advise is be a little patient & watch it at least 35 min before you give up. You be in for a nice surprise.

It's really out there, something I could ever imagine Kevin smith doing something of this nature. This is a keeper.

NOTE: there's a whacky Johnny Depp cameo as Inspector Clouseau is pretty hilarious.

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
There's a little bit of talk in the horror forum, but I recently saw it as well. It strangely kept my attention and provided me with a movie that is likely forever in my memory. I actually enjoyed it. My wife hated it lol. I thought the un-credited actor stole the movie personally!

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I watched on BD for my "New Year's Eve movie" and also watched it again with the commentary not to mention all the extras. I rented it at Redbox and it was not a "rental edition." The story behind the film and Smith's tales of dealing with Hollywood is well worth the listen.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I rather like this movie also, quite the strange tale!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Available to stream for free if you're an Amazon Prime member.
I have Amazon Prime but have never tried streaming, have a slow satellite internet, I'll have to give it a try and see.
Usually just buy movies on BD.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have Amazon Prime but have never tried streaming, have a slow satellite internet, I'll have to give it a try and see.
Prime availability for movies may vary by country (I'm in the US but only just noticed that you're in the next country up), but the main thing I'd be worried about with satellite is a usage cap. For example, 20GB could easily be consumed by a small handful of movies over a 1 month period. If you have "unlimited," you may be safe, but probably not :(

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No kidding right? It's never free, and if it is nobody wants to watch it. Their video & streaming is much to be desired. Another words it blows

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
I'd bypassed this in the latest releases queue a few times, not much of a horror fan. Didn't notice the cast/director after I saw the word horror or I would have probably just given it a try. Not your typical horror flick, great cast. Thanks for convincing me to give it a try....

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty much every streaming service blows over dial-up, Z. Get yer broadband on.
I Don't have dial-up,..nobody does.,I have att DSL it's not as fast as cable.

You prob misunderstood me when I say it blows I Was referring to the crappy selection.

·
Banned
16,231 Posts

You prob misunderstood me when I say it blows I Was referring to the crappy selection.
Amazon's selection I think is quite good, although I find the "free" Prime selections are limited, though I usually still get my membership fee's worth I think.

·
Banned
5,183 Posts

You might be surprised. I live in a small town of 40,000 people and I know an ISP that still has about 200 customers on their dial up service! :confused:

In fact, according to Google:

According to a Pew survey from last August, 3% of Americans still use dial-up internet at home. That means that AOL actually only has a small chunk of the dial-up internet -- three percent of Americans translates to around 9 million people.Aug 8, 2014

1 - 20 of 29 Posts