AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered a 6168 from TV Authority in July - they called me on Friday to confirm my order and as of this morning (tuesday) it still hasn't shipped. I've received a couple of differen excuses from them as to why it hasn't shipped - Shipping is behind in putting tracking numbers into the system; we ship hundreds a day and the tracking informaiton will probably show up by the end of the day, monday (it didn't) I thought that they would only confirm orders when they have stock in place to ship? AM I incorrect in this? I understand many people have received their pre-orders from this company, but i wanted to understand its shipping practices... And when it does ship, what is the approximate ship time from california to the midwest?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
OK- old story. We are all conditioned by UPS to have instant status on where our packages are at any minute. These TVs aren't shipped via UPS- they are shipped by partial truckload. This is a whole different story. "Shipped" might better be considered "released for shipment" as there is no certainty as to when the truck will physically show up, and whether your package gets on the truck first try. Then that truck might go to a warehouse for transfer to another truck or even trucking company. And after a cross country drive, the TV may be put into another warehouse awaiting a local delivery truck. Dates are always approximate. I suggest figuring on 2 weeks and being pleasantly surprised if it shows up after 9 days. The actual final date of delivery will not be certain until the local delivery firm calls you. Of course, many of these TVs can be shipped UPS, at significantly greater cost. We're trying to save money here. Besides, I think the trucking firms are better at handling large fragile items than a UPS guy who literally throws around smaller boxes all day.

Yes, it can be frustrating to wait, especially after receiving shipping status. But when my JVC 61Z786 from TV Authority showed up, in perfect condition, delivered by guys who KNEW what they were doing and who went beyond what they had to, I was VERY happy. Those guys actually helped me move a piece of furniture to place the TV next to the stand- and moved it back! Box was in perfect condition, as was the TV.

BTW, remove the top cover first and read the page showing how to lift the TV- don't just pick it up any which way.

You'll be loving the PQ long after you've forgotten the wait. I certainly am.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response - although i have to admit, it's more than disconcerting... Currently, my status is "Processed-Shipment Pending" - if it was "Shipped", i'd be alittle more at eas. Yesterday, they told me that it could be 3 days even if it was shipped today - 3 days vs. two weeks is a big difference. It wouldn't be so much of an issue but i have other logistical issues to deal with my current TV that challenges the process.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by td0804
thanks for the response - although i have to admit, it's more than disconcerting... Currently, my status is "Processed-Shipment Pending" - if it was "Shipped",i'd be alittle more at east. Yesterday, they told me that it could be 3 days even if it was shipped today - 3 days vs. two weeks is a big difference. It wouldn't be so much of an issue but i have other logistical issues to deal with my current TV that challenges the process.
Mine said that since last Thursday, but I just chatted with them and they told me that it has shipped and is on schedule... which is just a peice of mind that it's on the way. But the tracking number would be nice...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quote:
thanks for the response - although i have to admit, it's more than disconcerting... Currently, my status is "Processed-Shipment Pending" - if it was "Shipped",i'd be alittle more at east. Yesterday, they told me that it could be 3 days even if it was shipped today - 3 days vs. two weeks is a big difference. It wouldn't be so much of an issue but i have other logistical issues to deal with my current TV that challenges the process.
Your tracking number if shipped by Seko will be the letters TVA + your order number: example: TVA123456

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPtimeACE
Mine said that since last Thursday, but I just chatted with them and they told me that it has shipped and is on schedule... which is just a peice of mind that it's on the way. But the tracking number would be nice...
For you, what is "on schedule"? 3 days? 2 weeks?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Call Seko and ask them. Give them the origin and destination cities, and the fact that it is a residential inside delivery. They can give an estimate, but not an exact time.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Quote:
For you, what is "on schedule"? 3 days? 2 weeks?
TVA says I should get it Friday, but if the local guys are slow it may slip to Monday or Tuesday (no weekend deliverys with seko). Fingers crossed for Friday.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPtimeACE
TVA says I should get it Friday, but if the local guys are slow it may slip to Monday or Tuesday (no weekend deliverys with seko). Fingers crossed for Friday.
Mine shipped on a friday from them to austin and I received it the following friday. The Seko online tracking never indicated it was in my area though, I received a call from the local delivery folk the night before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.