AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a KDL-46W4100, I bought it open box without a stand/base/pedestal last year. I currently have the TV mounted on an arm on my entertainment center. I am going to be moving somewhere temporarily where I don't have room for the entire entertainment center and I cannot mount the TV on the wall so I am trying to find the correct stand/base/pedestal but I cannot seem to figure out which stand goes with my TV. Does anyone know the model or a TV that has a compatible stand?

I've seen a few on ebay but I can't figure out if they would be compatible. From what I can tell the V series stand should work with the W series, so I found a stand from a 46V5100 which I think would fit mine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think you will have a hard time finding the correct base for your screen. I'm no expert, but they all seem different to me. I would try an inexpensive TV stand instead. Check out retailers and see if you can pick up an open box or floor model. Something simple like this:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have something like that right now, I need something I could use to put it on a table or dresser.

I'm thinking about making a plunge and trying the stand from the KDL-46V5100, from the pictures that looks like it might work.

~Chris

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ld2k /forum/post/19622794

I have something like that right now, I need something I could use to put it on a table or dresser.

I'm thinking about making a plunge and trying the stand from the KDL-46V5100, from the pictures that looks like it might work.

~Chris

Good luck.. I have a 52W4100 and it looks like the V4100 series may be the same, but the V5100 is the model from the following year and the TV was entirely different.

Edit: They look a little different to me... W on the left, V on the right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.