AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All:

Newb here, awesome forum!!

I can't seem to find a TV ceiling mount WITH shelf for a ~30-40" TV.  I see wall mount types but not ceiling.  Please help.  I just don't want to mount anything to the wall.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,101 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Neurorad,

Appreciate the help.  Chief is expensive as heck but looks real good.  I'm thinking of going with the NPT style.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
NP. I think you just needed the correct term for the shelf - 'component shelf' - to find examples.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok back again.  Trying to hang the biggest size TV with cable box underneath, is really pushing it as far as space goes that I have in a particular spot.  This leads to another question.

What options do I have so I can mount the TV only on one side of the room, and have cable box and whatever else I want to attach on the opposite side next to me?  I don't think running a long HDMI cable makes sense?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
If it's just a simple large cable box, it can be exchanged for a smaller cable box - the size of a deck of cards. Mount that on the back of the TV.

If it's a DVR, extend the cables.

Whole-house DVR can be located at any other TV, as far as I know, and still be used easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts