AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it matters, it's a Philips 63PF9631D/37B. The HDMI ports definitely work since any other HDMI device works fine. I have another HDTV that my HTPC works fine on via HDMI.

But I'm not sure if it has to do with my HTPC hardware/software or perhaps my HDTV just doesn't like HDMI from HTPC.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Would getting another graphics card help my situation? HDCP issues?

I'm actually using my onboard video. ABIT Fatal1ty F-I90HD with ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 HDMI.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it'll be directly connected.

In fact, I was thinking perhaps having it run through a HDMI switch may help.

But yes, I was trying to make it connect directly.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For testing purposes, I had my VGA monitor hooked up as a primary and my TV hooked up as a secondary display. And no, it doesn't automatically detect my secondary display. But I'm not so sure this narrows it down.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Are you using the DVI>HDMI adapter that came with the card or a 3rd party adapter or maybe even a DVI>HDMI cable?

There have been several reports of different cables/adapters not working. Just a thought.

Very unlikely it's an HDCP issue. Are there options in the BIOS to enable/disable HDMI on that board?

Wo0zy

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx /forum/post/13001105

For testing purposes, I had my VGA monitor hooked up as a primary and my TV hooked up as a secondary display. And no, it doesn't automatically detect my secondary display. But I'm not so sure this narrows it down.

Hmm did you try booting up with the TV attached? Or perhaps booting with only the TV attached? Just a shot in the dark really but worth a try if you haven't tried already. Also what about other cables? While it's unlikely the cable is bad it's a possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy /forum/post/13001162

Are you using the DVI>HDMI adapter that came with the card or a 3rd party adapter or maybe even a DVI>HDMI cable?

The F-I90HD has an HDMI port on it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The motherboard doesn't have a DVI output; it's HDMI. Perhaps a HDMI>DVI and a DVI>HDMI adapter may help; I'm willing to try anything at this point.

The BIOS has some HDMI settings, but nothing to enable/disable. IIRC, there's an option as to which video output to initialize first, and how much video RAM to use for graphics (64MB to 512MB).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I tried booting up with just the TV attached. The TV stays black the entire time - correct input, of course. I have 3 HDMI cables; tried them all, and they all work fine with any other HDMI device.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge /forum/post/13001203

Hmm did you try booting up with the TV attached? Or perhaps booting with only the TV attached? Just a shot in the dark really but worth a try if you haven't tried already. Also what about other cables? While it's unlikely the cable is bad it's a possibility.

The F-I90HD has an HDMI port on it.

Oh yes. Now I remember THIS board

Amazing it boots at all

This from the Philips support site

On the PC : select a valid PC-format the TV can handle ([email protected] ; [email protected] or [email protected]) and the video formats ( 720p 1080i).

Turn the PC off.

Use a DVI to HDMI connection cable to make a connection between DVI of the PC and the HDMI (1,2) of the TV

Turn on the TV , press AV button on and select the correct HDMI external source input -check number (1,2) of physical connector slot at the back of TV

Press menu button and select Source in the Setup menu:

Press the cursor right to enter the list of types of devices connected to the selected input.

Select the accessory device with the cursor up/down.

Press the cursor right again to enter the list of types of devices connected to the selected input.

Select the accessory device with the cursor up/down.

Put the PictureFormat in AutoFormat.

Turn the PC on.

The TV should show the PC-screen.

Might help

Wo0zy

·
Registered
82 Posts
afx,

I have a series of questions to ask, why don't you head over to the abit forums and make sure initial set up is correct and post in this section here

There are others here that will be able to assist.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy /forum/post/13001438

Yes, it's this board. Aside from this, I've had great experience with it.

Those directions involve choosing the correct resolution, connection, and setting up the input menu for easier access. I'm using the correct input and it's HDMI. Before even setting up the resolution in Windows, it should at least boot up the loading screen, which I assume would be [email protected] It doesn't. My other HDTV does this fine though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty shaw /forum/post/13001516

Wasn't sure there was a Fatal1ty motherboard forum; then again, I never really searched for it -- AVS is my home.

I'm joining as I type this.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ignoring the first bit, there's quite a few TV only settings in that lot as well. Guess you've done all of them.

Can't offer you anything else. Sorry.

Good luck.

Wo0zy

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx /forum/post/13001645

Wasn't sure there was a Fatal1ty motherboard forum; then again, I never really searched for it -- AVS is my home.

I'm joining as I type this.

AVS forum is a great place and it is my second home.

But it is also a very busy forum with many people and many TPH (Threads Per Hour
) on various aspects of HTPC.

abit forums has the best support forums of all motherboard manufacturers.

Lets make sure you get set up perfectly first, then come back to AVS forums for more specialized HTPC issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts