AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys......hope I ask for this simple and clear enough;

I'm looking for a website or application which would tell me the proper order of individual TV Episode files on DVD or Bluray

Seems some discs have the individual files scattered.

Thx in advance!!

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
Play each episode and use the OSD of the player to identify what the title# is.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemonkey /forum/post/20908192

Hi Guys......hope I ask for this simple and clear enough;

I'm looking for a website or application which would tell me the proper order of individual TV Episode files on DVD or Bluray

Seems some discs have the individual files scattered.

Thx in advance!!

I guess I dont understand the question. Can you provide an example?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I take it you want to be able to take a DVD set of a specific series and have the computer scan it and give you the series title and each episode name/number and the corresponding dvd vob files.

Am I hitting the nail on the head? If so I have no idea of a program sorry just hoping to clear it up so someone may beable to help,

yonu

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
 www.thetvdb.com

This should give you the answers to most everything you want. Many GUI's for different media players (Zappiti, YAMJ, Movienizer, etc.) "scrape" this site for information on TV series. This will give you the "aired" order and most times the "dvd" order as well.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
 http://epguides.com/
Quote:
This site contains episode lists for over 5600 TV shows.

Each list displays only titles and airdates, but in most cases the episode title

is a link to the page for that episode at TVRage.com (or sometimes TV.com),

where there is more information such as guest stars and a plot summary.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All.......Ty for your input

"yonu", you're the closest in understanding what I'm looking for......

I have a handful of TV Series ripped as .iso files of the complete discs (Sons of Anarchy Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3 and so on)

When I go to extract the .iso and save each episode individually, what I'm finding is 5 or 6 large .m2ts files......sometimes the .m2ts files are listed in numerical order and sometimes not

I'm trying to see if there's any documentation or application for TV Series that would tell me which individual .m2ts file belongs to which episode

Worse case if I have to re-rip the discs that's fine as well, hoping to work off of the .iso files if possible.

Anything that anyone knows of out there for either .iso rips or dvd/bluray discs?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemonkey /forum/post/20916498

Hi All.......Ty for your input

"yonu", you're the closest in understanding what I'm looking for......

I have a handful of TV Series ripped as .iso files of the complete discs (Sons of Anarchy Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3 and so on)

When I go to extract the .iso and save each episode individually, what I'm finding is 5 or 6 large .m2ts files......sometimes the .m2ts files are listed in numerical order and sometimes not

I'm trying to see if there's any documentation or application for TV Series that would tell me which individual .m2ts file belongs to which episode

Worse case if I have to re-rip the discs that's fine as well, hoping to work off of the .iso files if possible.

Anything that anyone knows of out there for either .iso rips or dvd/bluray discs?

Does not exist. you do it by hand or leave them in the ISO's and name them in a way your application supports. XBMC and YAMJ among others support this concept of more than 1 espisode per file and can then scrape correctly without splitting into individual files.

Its actually much worse on some BD's. An episode could be a playlist and then you need something like makeMkv.

Sean

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith /forum/post/20916657

Does not exist. you do it by hand or leave them in the ISO's and name them in a way your application supports. XBMC and YAMJ among others support this concept of more than 1 espisode per file and can then scrape correctly without splitting into individual files.

Its actually much worse on some BD's. An episode could be a playlist and then you need something like makeMkv.

Sean

thats what i was afraid of

1 - 9 of 9 Posts