AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the following message from TV Fool this morning. TV Fool's sending address appears proper. I traced the IP address mentioned in their email & it was from Indonesia.
Anyone else having a similar situation?

"Someone has tried to log into your account on TV Fool with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.
The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 36.81.120.191

All the best,
TV Fool"

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
Contact TVFool directly and verify the Email/report.

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
I've not had that experience. Not even with a "offline" forum. :D

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
Maybe the TVFool forum?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked my records & do have an account with TV Fool, but have no idea why. Guess I must have used their forum years ago.

Why would someone even want to login to another person's TV Fool account? Maybe they got my username mixed up with a similar one, who knows. Anyway I changed my password.

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
Anyway I changed my password.
Apparently they didn't gain access with the old password, so maybe they will be successful cracking the new one. :D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Why would someone even want to login to another person's TV Fool account? Maybe they got my username mixed up with a similar one, who knows. Anyway I changed my password.
Identity theft...some people will put a lot of info in their profiles and many people will use the same user/password across forums and even bank accounts.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Identity theft...some people will put a lot of info in their profiles and many people will use the same user/password across forums and even bank accounts.
If you forget your password at remotecentral.com or Blonder Tongue and request assistance, they actually e-mail you your old password. I'm using unique passwords for each - which is how I came to need help logging in - so I wouldn't be harmed if anyone got hold of them, but I'm sure that other enrolled clients are using passwords that are shared with other sites.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you forget your password at remotecentral.com or Blonder Tongue and request assistance, they actually e-mail you your old password. I'm using unique passwords for each - which is how I came to need help logging in - so I wouldn't be harmed if anyone got hold of them, but I'm sure that other enrolled clients are using passwords that are shared with other sites.
Yep, all my passwords are different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts