AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a 40"-42" in lcd for dorm room. Needs to be 1080p, look decent enough in standard definition, and have relatively low input lag as I will be playing some 360 and ps3 on it. Looking to spend around a grand. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I don't mind buying refurbished. I online site called second act sells refurbished fairly inexpensive. Any suggestions on that site or any other similar site?

·
Registered
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumby05 /forum/post/14336138

Looking to buy a 40"-42" in lcd for dorm room. Needs to be 1080p, look decent enough in standard definition, and have relatively low input lag as I will be playing some 360 and ps3 on it. Looking to spend around a grand. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I don't mind buying refurbished. I online site called second act sells refurbished fairly inexpensive. Any suggestions on that site or any other similar site?

I don't know if you've already considered this (nor do I know your living arrangements), but if you'll be in a situation where you have a roommate (or roommates), make sure you can trust them before you put anything like that in your room.

Things getting stolen from college apartments is fairly common (as far as commonality goes when it comes to stealing), and things getting stolen from college dorm rooms is even more common. And more often than not, your roommate either knows who did it, or did it himself.

I don't know how you'd feel about coming to your house to find out that 1 or $2000 has walked away but, my first thought would be "must...kill...roommate..." lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique /forum/post/14337596

I don't know if you've already considered this (nor do I know your living arrangements), but if you'll be in a situation where you have a roommate (or roommates), make sure you can trust them before you put anything like that in your room.

Things getting stolen from college apartments is fairly common (as far as commonality goes when it comes to stealing), and things getting stolen from college dorm rooms is even more common. And more often than not, your roommate either knows who did it, or did it himself.

I don't know how you'd feel about coming to your house to find out that 1 or $2000 has walked away but, my first thought would be "must...kill...roommate..." lol.

No problem with this. We are each paying for half of the tv, and lets just say that he is not poor at all. Theft is not much of a problem at my school and we keep our door locked at all times.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumby05 /forum/post/14338447

No problem with this. We are each paying for half of the tv, and lets just say that he is not poor at all. Theft is not much of a problem at my school and we keep our door locked at all times.

Ahh ok cool then. Now ya just gotta argue who gets to keep it when yall separate! Lol, good luck with the purchase decision

1 - 5 of 5 Posts