AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

I have read and researched online for hours now, hoping to find a good answer to this question.

I plan to get a new TV that will be located in a relatively dark room where I sit about 3 meters from it. Present day I have Samsung UE-32D6517 which I'm very happy with, but it's simply too small.

I have no idea what the delays are on it or anything, it simply works for me(guess that tells you where I'm at...).

The TV will primarily be used for gaming(95%), whereas console gaming is the most important. I'm also a little unsure about size, but thought that 42"+ should be fine.

I've obviously been looking at some, but all have a few drawbacks. One very tempting is the Panasonic TX-P42ST60. That TV does however have one drawback which concerns me, the input lag. This leads back to another question; as I have not noticed any slowdowns while playing on my LED TV, would I notice it on the TX-P42ST60?

FYI I live in Norway and have a decent budget, but I don't want to spend more than necessary for my needs.

Also, I was kind of uncertain if I should post this in the Plasma section or the LCD section, but I found that Plasma generally have more appreciation in the gaming community.

I would greatly appreciate any answers!

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
I would head over to the EU "sister" site avforums.com as that is the EU version of this site. They would be able to give you better recommendations and the models will actually be Eu models instead of NA models that will msot likely get recommended here.

If this is going to be used for mostly gaming then I would probably lean towards and LCD, but maybe a Panasonic S60 would fit your needs....

We dont know the size or price requirements so its hard to make any recommendations without that information

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te  /t/1472161/tv-for-gaming#post_23300084

I would head over to the EU "sister" site avforums.com as that is the EU version of this site. They would be able to give you better recommendations and the models will actually be Eu models instead of NA models that will msot likely get recommended here.

If this is going to be used for mostly gaming then I would probably lean towards and LCD, but maybe a Panasonic S60 would fit your needs....

We dont know the size or price requirements so its hard to make any recommendations without that information
Thanks for reply.

I did include what you are stating in my OP:

"I'm also a little unsure about size, but thought that 42"+ should be fine"

"...have a decent budget, but I don't want to spend more than necessary for my needs."

With that being said, you mean I should look at some LCD's instead. Do you have any suggestions besides the S60? I mean in the LCD area?

·
Registered
20,914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurge92  /t/1472161/tv-for-gaming#post_23300105

Thanks for reply.

I did include what you are stating in my OP:

"I'm also a little unsure about size, but thought that 42"+ should be fine"

"...have a decent budget, but I don't want to spend more than necessary for my needs."

With that being said, you mean I should look at some LCD's instead. Do you have any suggestions besides the S60? I mean in the LCD area?

The only 42" plasma I am aware of is the S60 series, but I dont know if that model is available in the EU or if it goes by another name.....If you step up to the VT then the lag becomes less of an issue, but yound need to step up to a bigger TV as well.

I dont know what a "decent budget" is, to some that is no more than 1K USD, to others you are talking 20-50K USD......decent is too vague IMO........If you give a budget range thats what will be needed that way we dont suggest a TV outside of the range and try to suggest one that is within your budget.......

I am not familliar with the LCDs, so I wont be of much help there, You may wanto to ask the same question in the LCD forum or head over to the Gaming section of the forum to see what people are using.......The reason I suggested LCD is due to the IR issues you may run itno with long gaming sessions that will occur. While not a large issue, Im not sure many buy a plasma for 95% gaming, most will stick with LCD due to the sometimes better lag times that can be had........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.