AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious how the TV guide channel works? Does it rebroadcast a national feed? Or does each cable company have a specific system to download TV Guide Network's programs and rebroadcast them to cater to each system?

I just got TV guide network added today. The guide is on the bottom of the screen but nothing at the top except a TV Guide logo and no sound.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
You mean the specific channel with TV listings? Like my channel 3?

I think they tailor it to local markets. I just looked and mine, after scrolling through the analog band listings (channels 2-99), shows local (to me) weather, and then my location (roughly), and then the listings again.

Above the listings is some celebrity news program which I assume is InFANity (as that's what the guide lists here as well.)

Might be a glitch in your local cableco's feed or something if you can't see the program above the listings.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Those used to be done using Amiga systems with Video Toaster hardware; these days it's some sort of packaged system running their special software. They actually have the system at their headend generating the video output for broadcast. If they're just sending a logo with no programming info, there's something wrong with their local system - either it's failing to get the channel list or guide info, or something's gone sideways in the software. Call them up and tell them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.