AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to find a tilting mount for a 75" 7100 series Samsung LED TV? I was hoping to get them less than 100 but im wondering if they are all above that because of the weight? Anyway...any suggestions for one?

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You need to know the VESA mounting numbers such as 400 x 400 on your TV and match that to the VESA compatibility of the mount.

·
Banned
118 Posts
I recommend the Sanus vmpl3b. It's pricey but it's easy to install has the theft feature, will easily fit for your set or a bigger one in the future but more importantly the tilt holds in place not like the cheap mounts which lose tilt cause of weight on some bigger sets. The box includes both fixed and tilt styles.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, im looking at that versus the Omnimount NC200T...that looks just as good or better...also cheaper. I dunno.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdplasmas  /t/1497730/tv-mount-for-75-samsung-100#post_23906970

I recommend the Sanus vmpl3b. It's pricey but it's easy to install has the theft feature, will easily fit for your set or a bigger one in the future but more importantly the tilt holds in place not like the cheap mounts which lose tilt cause of weight on some bigger sets. The box includes both fixed and tilt styles.

That's not necessarily true, I would have no problem using a lower priced, highly rated mount. Although I have a $200 Sanus mount, I only paid $60 and they still made a profit. They all basically install the same. Some come with extra features.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02  /t/1497730/tv-mount-for-75-samsung-100#post_23907163

Yeah, im looking at that versus the Omnimount NC200T...that looks just as good or better...also cheaper. I dunno.

One thing the Omnimount has is a more open back to accommodate an outlet and cables.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
I recommend the Sanus vmpl3b

That's what I went with. It takes three sets of studs, the center of my wall is actually between three studs. I hope this will work OK for my setup.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02  /t/1497730/tv-mount-for-75-samsung-100#post_23933985

That's what I went with. To bad it mounts differently than the other ones. It requires THREE studs, and the central stud has to be centered on the wall. My studs are not set up like this. The center of my wall is exactly in between two studs. Im not sure this mount will work. If I mount it over three studs, the TV will have to be slid on the mount 8" to the left, which Im not sure this mount will accommodate. I had no clue these things had various means of securing to the damn wall.

You're probably fine with 4 bolts over 2 studs as long as those 4 are install properly. You could also add large toggle bolts in the center through the drywall, it will give a little added support. It will also be fine to slide the TV over on the mount if you install it on 3 studs, just don't know if it will allow 8". How long is that mount? Normal stud spacing is 16" on center so you're looking at 32" at least to span 3 studs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I havnt watched the install video, but if I understand correctly, you extend the wall plate to 2" inside the width of the back of your TV, or the max of the bracket, which is 47". That will get me three studs worth of mounting, but they will be lopsided. Guess that doesnt really matter though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The tv is only 70lbs according to samsungs website. That doesnt need much to hold it in place. The vesa pattern listed in the install guide is 400x400 which is rather small. Almost any mount will work with this tv . I like mounts that have strings attached to the release mechanism. It makes it alot easier to take the tv on and off the mount. This sanus also work.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, but I already have this mount here, and I bet its EXPENSIVE to send it back. It must weigh 40 lbs easy. Anyway, if my TV is a VESA 400x400, that equates to the tv bracket being 16" wide. It the mount is 47" wide, then I can slide the TV a fair bit in either direction and odds are the mount will be really close to two sets of mounting screws.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts