1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 55" XBR8.

Two scenarios:

1) TV mount - Basically:

-My wall has panels on it from the ground up to about 3 feet. On top of these panels, is a horizontal trim line, which extends about 3/4" away from the wall.

-I would like to hang my TV at eye level (just as if the TV was sitting on a typical tv stand - the same height).

Are there any specific TV mounts that accommodate for this? I want the TV screen to be 90-degrees to the ground. My plan was to find a TV mount (with long vertical rails downward) that I can mount to the wall a little higher than the horizontal trim on the wall, and have the vertical rails on the mount extend down further (passed the trim), instead of the vertical rails being "symmetric" and equal in length. Has anyone experienced this before? I cannot seem to find the right mount for my situation.

2) TV Stand

-I have a large center speaker, about 2 feet wide, 1 ft in depth, and 1 ft high.

The TV resting on the stand is not the problem. The problem is fitting my center channel speaker. I cannot find any nice stands that fits my situation.

Anyone input from anyone? Thanks

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Even with a "basic" wall mount there is a lot of adjustment vertically. If you put the mount just above your chair rail you will have enough adjusment so that the center of your display will be at the height of your chair rail and you can probably even go a little lower.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by namiam /forum/post/20914368

How would you guys recommend placing the Center channel speaker? This makes it difficult because I already have an audio rack with all my equipment off to the side of my theatre.

Depends on your decor. Wall-mount like a soundbar or... some people use some sort of pedestal... check out the home theater (room) forum for the "show'n tell" thread and u should see pictures of what others done.

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
I guess it depends on who is watching your tv and the the room decor. It you are the only one, then do what you feel is best. For us, our tv in on a media console at an optimum height from the couch. Plenty of space for the center channel, BD player, AVR, with room on the sides for our L/R speakers. We can only tell you how we have our setups which may not be ideal for you. Some of us also have the WAF to consider

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.