AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a sony tv and am just getting started with my components setup. What I wanted was a laptop downstairs that is hooked through ethernet to my server upstairs. The point was to hook the laptop into the tv to get the real player/winamp/or other juke box software display on the tv. The problem with the laptop is remote contol. Now i see other MP3 players that stream music from the server that probably have remote control music selections.

Has anyone hooked up one of these type components, like the AudioTron , to get this type of display off of their music selection?

tv = sony grand wega kf-50xbr800

·
Registered
296 Posts
The Audiotron does not have any video output. There is a small 2 line screen on the front panel of the device, but no video output. People have worked around this with a laptop (using the WWW or 3rd party interface to the Audiotron) in their home theater setup.

There are some other products out that do have video outputs for display of currently playing track and for selection of tracks, but I'm not familiar with them in any detail.

Your other option is to get a hardware/software solution for the laptop to allow it to receive IR from a remote. I know they exist for desktop computers and would presume a USB version exists that would work with a laptop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.