AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a black and white image using s-video out on my Aopen Geforce4MX 440 with the forceware 52.16winME drivers(aopen specific)

Ok everything before the 50.xx is fine full color no problems, Although i have to use the new forceware drivers in order to play farcry.. Not to mention they give great performance...I've tried troubleshooting with no luck

heres the things i've tried:

::Setting the tv format to s-video(shows a desaturated color like when you have composite set on a s-video connection)

::Setting the TV region to NTSC United States Of America(where i reside)

::Setting Lower resolutions

::Setting TV as primary display

::Setting Color quality Higher&Lower (16bit default)

::Even tried Setting the Connection to Composite (which of course won't work when your using S-video just shows the same results i get using the s-video connection setting)

Ok so i know its not the cables cause these are brand new just to make sure it wasn't the cables before

Its not the Tv because i tested the new cables using the 40.xx drivers and they worked fine..

I tried emailing my problem to Nvidia but i havn't received a response yet

Has anyone else out there had this problem before? I would love to know its not just me..

Any help would be appreciated... till then

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything looks fine on both ends

I have a Philips 55"HDTV 55PP9352

I just tried the other S-video inputs but still the same thing

Im at the end of my rope here

Still if anyone else has this problem let me know

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had the same problem with S-video. Look really closely for bent pins. Some times there bent so little that you can't tell or they're bent all the way so you can't see the pin. FYI with your TV I would use component inputs at the least.

·
Registered
58 Posts
my svideo connector on my tv broke, well partially broke from allways changing plugs and caused the pic to be black and white. slightly move the end of the cable while its plugged in and see if it changes to color.

i took apart my tv and soldered the connector back and it works perfect again

JB

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Are you getting Black & White images for everything, or just video? If it's just video, it may be a PAL problem. If it's everything, I suggest trying a different svideo cable like the others suggested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like JonnyBlaze is right, my AV3 S-video input is broken. I'll just take it back to rent a center and they'll fix it for free.. Thanks alot for you guy's input i appreciate it alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.