AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a project where I was using an older matrox card with composite out to distribute composite video via a modulator and an amp. The matrox card had a feature called dvd clone that would display any video being played full screen over the tv out. When no video was being played it would just display the desktop.

The card and drivers were flaky. I was getting artifacts and stability issues that were due to a combination of the card and motherboard. I recently upgraded it(from the parts bin) to a nforce2 board with a ti4200 card. The video card has composite out and works, but lacks the dvdclone feature. The only way I can get video on the tv out is to make the tv out an extension of the desktop, move the player to the second screen, and play the video. This is very cumbersome because I don't have any tvs with in view when at the computer, and I don't have the monitor in view when at the tvs.

I use xlobby so I would like for the tvs to display the desktop until I play a video.

Is there any software out there that can emulate the dvdclone function or something similar?

I am using:

winxp sp2

zoomplayer

gforce ti4200 w/ v66.?? drivers(had issues with the newest and had these handy)

asus a7n8x

-Bryan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.