AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not purchased a proper calibrating DVD, yet. However, I did notice that Toy Story 2 [and I think most Pixar films] had a basic THX calibration menu.

I went into the menu and played around with the colors. Everything was going well until I got to the screen that checks if my picture is properly positioned. The extreme top is cut off [in both 4:3 and 16:9] and the picture is not properly centered in 16:9.

Someone recomended fixing it in the service menu, and gave me the code. However, I am extremely new to Home Theatre and very worried about damaging my display more than what it currently is.

I was hoping that I would be able to get out of paying expensive calibration fees to correct this [mostly because I spent all my money on beginging my new HT setup
], as it's obviosuly very annoying.

I know this is a silly question because it's all this place has, but is there any advice specific to this problem. I have been searching around here for three days now, checking to make sure I'm not asking something that has been asked hundreds of times. Hopefully I didn't miss it somwhere.

By the way it's a Samsung HL-S4676S, DLP.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.