AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted THIS question on another forum about a week ago and haven't gotten any responses. I am not sure if my new issue is related, but I am guessing it is. I really don't know the first place to start diagnosing my problems. I am leaning towards my video card, but to buy a new one to test my theory is not in the budget. I did uninstall the card and divers with no help. I tried uninstalling Media Browser also to see if it helped with the issue I posted earlier but it didn't. What is happening is Live TV (and recorded for that matter all through antenna) play very choppy or stutter like the frames per second are drastically cut & recorded TV acts the same. Also the sound is good, but not synced. Videos/Movies play back fine in Media Browser (basically using Media Centers engine). What is strange is even recorded shows from a long time ago that once played fine also stutter. SO that would rule out my tuner card.

I also just noticed none of my issues happen when I have media center running minimized, only full screen.

But this new new problem just started yesterday. The only thing I have done prior to it was install JRiver Media Center (to replace iTunes since that to is a whole other set of problems). I uninstalled that too and it didn't help.

I hope you can understand my frustrations and I hope someone has some answers for me.

Thanks in advance!

Specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Kingston 64gb SSD Boot Drive

Gigabyte P55-UDR3

Intel i5-750

4GB Corsair DDR3 1333

Ultra 750w

Asus Radeon 4650

Seagate 1TB (for now)

Pioneer Elite VSX-82TSX A/V Receiver (6.1 setup)

Sony 55inch SXRD

Hauppauge 1600 TV Tuner

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
What codecs do you have installed, if any? Often if not correctly configured they can "break" Live TV. If you're using Shark007 there are some options on the Swap tab to prevent Live TV from breaking.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87
What codecs do you have installed, if any? Often if not correctly configured they can "break" Live TV. If you're using Shark007 there are some options on the Swap tab to prevent Live TV from breaking.
I forgot to add that; yes I am using Shark007. I have had to go back and forth with the 'Disable Microsoft's Video decoder' options for some of my movie files and live TV. If I have that box checked (see pic) I get the error in the second picture. But if I don't have that checked some of my videos don't play Dolby digital only PCM. These were suggestions I received from Shark forums directly.

I also just noticed none of my issues happen when I have media center running minimized, only full screen.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markolc81
make sure your refresh rate is 29.9/30 or 59.9/60. If I have it set on any other refresh rate, then I get very stuttery Live TV playback.
If you mean the settings in the Catalyst Control Center, then yes I do have it set to 60. I also added to my issue that I noticed I do not have any issues when I have Media Center minimized only full screen.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlmbklr /forum/post/19607463

I forgot to add that; yes I am using Shark007. I have had to go back and forth with the 'Disable Microsoft's Video decoder' options for some of my movie files and live TV. If I have that box checked (see pic) I get the error in the second picture. But if I don't have that checked some of my videos don't play Dolby digital only PCM. These were suggestions I received from Shark forums directly.

I'll just note that I can only go by what works for me, it may not for you. I also only have 32bit.

I have seen the exact same problem as you if I disable the MS video decoder so I don't. The only thing I have checked in that section is Disable Windows Media Foundation which is the only way to not break live TV.

Now, what do you have on the Audio tab? Should have the audio pass thru enabled (this is what makes DTS and DD work for me).

Assuming your video files are MKV you should probably on that tab disable the DivX media foundations and I find that Gabe works as a better splitter then Haali.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I had this same problem with a MLB and proc that had been working in the past. I upgraded the HTPC they were in and moved them to a new case. Installed fresh Win7 and had EXACTLY the same problem. Tried another install, this time 64 bit instead of 32 bit, same problem. Tried a faster processor, same problem. Thing is, I never solved it. My daughter asked for a new PC so I gave it to her. Good luck, I'd love to know if you figure out the problem.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 /forum/post/19608269

I'll just note that I can only go by what works for me, it may not for you. I also only have 32bit.

I have seen the exact same problem as you if I disable the MS video decoder so I don't. The only thing I have checked in that section is Disable Windows Media Foundation which is the only way to not break live TV.

Now, what do you have on the Audio tab? Should have the audio pass thru enabled (this is what makes DTS and DD work for me).

Assuming your video files are MKV you should probably on that tab disable the DivX media foundations and I find that Gabe works as a better splitter then Haali.

Good luck.

Well, yesterday I installed a new Nvidia GT 430, although I was planning to upgrade to this card, my budget isn't really allowing it. But I was going to make it in my budget if it indeed fixed it....well it didn't, I still had my same problems. But now with the new card I had too much over scan and for whatever reason the settings withing the Nvidia drivers would not allow me size it down (too much to explain, and I found others had this same problem). So I set my Shark007 settings to what you recommended and change my "Windows" desktop resolution to 1768 x 992 from 1920 x 1080 (I have a 1080p set). then I went back and did the setup for Media Center and set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and no more issues.

So I am not sure what did it...and I am hesitant to put my old GPU back in.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Glad it's working for you. Changing desktop resolution shouldn't have any effect on audio so my guess is getting your codec/Shark setting correct is what fixed it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 /forum/post/19624899

Glad it's working for you. Changing desktop resolution shouldn't have any effect on audio so my guess is getting your codec/Shark setting correct is what fixed it.

Good luck.

Well my audio was always fine, it was only the video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.