AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I recently purchased a Samsung UN48H5500 Slim 48-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV from Amazon.

When it powers on, it tends to (90% of the time) get a heavy green tint on the picture (almost no blue or red is shown, if at all).

The TV gets it's signal from my HTPC using Windows Media Center 8 x64 with Intel 4000 HD Graphics Card (latest updates and WHQL drivers).

I can fix this 100% of the time by:

* Unplugging the HDMI and immediatly plugging it back in.

* Changing to any other source and then switching back

My HTPC only has settings for 59mhz and 60mhz.  59mhz seems to cause it aggrevate the issue more than 60mhz...but both don't work.  I think it's an HDMI connection.

The previous LCD display I used  (Sanyo non-LED) I replaced worked fine...and still works in the living room.  I used the same cable and everything to hook up the Samsung.

Searching the forums has a 2008 post related to Samsung that related to getting the HDMI signal might incorrectly default to an RGB signal incorrectly.  However, when I use an HDMI splitter to another LCD...the other LCD works fine using the same signal.

Any ideas or secret Samsung service menu that will lock in something that will fix my new tv's failings?

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
RGB signal should be OK for some sets all sets ultimately convert YCbCr to RGB for the panel I can't figure why you are getting a green tint on start up though .

Are you using DVI-D to HDMI connection to your HTPC if so it might be an EDIE issue with that particular TV how up to date are your HTPC video drivers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It is straight HDMI. 

I seem to have fixed this by changing the refresh rate from 60mhz to 59mhz and it has not re-occurred in the last week. 

Very weird as I added an 8way HDMI splitter to the mix and every other panel would not have the issue (including some older Samsungs).

Does anyone know what "Official Thread" this model TV falls under?

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
I 've read there are some TV's that work better at 59Hz from a PC. I did not think of that I haven't had that particular issue myself . Glad you got it working

1 - 4 of 4 Posts