AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a 50" to 60" 1080p HDTV this fall and I am researching TV stands.

I currently own Rocket Speakers with a "Big Foot" center speaker (RSC200) that comes in at 46 lbs - 12" high and 26" wide! I am not having any success finding a TV stand where I can put the center speaker "in the center" of a stand. Most shelves are only 8 or 9" tall. Then besides the center speaker, I need shelves for the components on the sides.

Does anyone have the "Big Foot"? If so, what type of stand are you using?

I have been looking at Racks & Stands, Techcraft, Ikea, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I can't find one online, I guess I'll see if a local cabinet maker can build me one. :eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
You may want to go over at the forum at AV123 and do a search. I know member Brucer had some pretty good ideas for Bigfoot T.V stands.

I also own the RSC 200 and will be getting a 60" DLP soon and wil be running into the same issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I will check them out.

BTW, I am very pleased with the Rocket Speakers. I am not an audiophile, but my jaw dropped when I heard them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a Toshiba DLP at Costco last week and have a similiar center channel (Klipsch RC-7). I actually bought a white wall mount for a TV 17-23" I think it was and it looks great!!. I hope to post pics in a few days. I am very happy with it. I bought the stand at Best buy for around $75 normal retail. I looked at quite a few but this works out perfect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

Click on my name and then look at my phot gallery. So far it has worked great and fit perfect. Hope it helps.

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Norcuron,

Thanks for the reply. Nice looking setup.

I have decided to have a local cabinet maker build a custom cabinet for me. Basically, it will have about 28 to 30" in the center for the "bigfoot" and flanked by two smaller adjustable shelves on each side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.