AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good TV floor stand for PT-50LC13 besides the original TY-50LC13C? I would like to place all my components into one stand but the TY-50LC13C looks a little too small.

Thanks!

·
Registered
550 Posts
You might consider finding a cabinet maker and getting a custom stand made. The ones in stores I found were either too high, weren't designed to fit 3 components side by side, or wouldn't elegantly accommodate a center channel speaker. Putting the center speaker in it would often take up the entire top shelf. Putting up a separate shelf above the TV for the center would increase your options.

I ended getting one custom made for $400. The Ikea Oppli might work for you but it wasn't quite big enough for my components. Mine is similar in design to the Oppli but with bigger compartments, a tad taller & no caster wheels, leaving more vertical room to stack devices.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm using the IKEA Oppli and to works great... just enough room for my stuff. I got it in a gloss black - looks better than the birch in my eye.

I was worried about the casters, but they are convenient, and with the weight of all the components it is very steady. I do need to figure out how to place my center channel though. Any ideas?

-chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
CFT

I believe sanus makes a vcr shelf that sits a top the television and is appropriate for a center channel speaker, however I don't know if the Panny slopes too much for the shelf's rear "legs" to stand on. You should be able to find it on their website. If not try searching "vcr shelf" on bb or cc.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cft
I'm using the IKEA Oppli and to works great... just enough room for my stuff. I got it in a gloss black - looks better than the birch in my eye.

I was worried about the casters, but they are convenient, and with the weight of all the components it is very steady. I do need to figure out how to place my center channel though. Any ideas?

-chris
Couple of L brackets for under a $1.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was pretty frustrated by the matching stand. I don't think it will even fit two components side-by-side. Unfortunately, I have a component stereo right now (18" receiver, cd, tape) plus the 17" TiVo, DVD, and VCR.

I got lucky, though. My living room furniture is all a reddish-brown cherry, and I found one that almost matches at Best Buy for $250 that has two horizontal sections, both 18" wide, and a bottom shelf tall enough for two tallish components and a top shelp tall enough for a third. Holds my 6 items perfectly. It's actually got enough room that I can fit my PS2 and a cable box if some of the components (like the DVD player) are a little shorter than the others. It's got glass shelves, so that happily cuts out a good bit of wasted vertical height.

It should be obvious by now that it's several inches taller than the ideal height, but it's well worth the additional space, especially since I'm sitting reasonably far back from the TV so the actual vertical angle is minimized.

·
Registered
151 Posts
On a similar note, have people had success with finding a suitable platform to place their center channel speaker for the TV?

My speaker and set top (side:)) box are just sitting vertically on the side until I can find a platform for them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you go into the member picture section and search for pt-50lc13 you will find the pic of the one I use.

Newmie

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up the model "PTPL" tv-stand my local Best Buy was using as the stand for the demo unit. It's actually designed for plasmas, but it also works well for narrow-depth rear-proj units.

On the top shelf I have a Tivo Series 2 unit next to a Philips 726 DVD, in the middle, an Onkyo receiver next to a SA 3100HD tuner, and on the bottom an SA 3250 tuner next to my Sony DVD player. (the 3250 goes to the TiVo, the 3100HD goes directly to the Panny)

It was around $230 or so, and assembled in about a half hour. Silver finish that matches the Panny almost identically, enough that until I saw the part number, I thought it was "the one from Panasonic".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dredd
I picked up the model "PTPL" tv-stand my local Best Buy was using as the stand for the demo unit. It's actually designed for plasmas, but it also works well for narrow-depth rear-proj units.

On the top shelf I have a Tivo Series 2 unit next to a Philips 726 DVD, in the middle, an Onkyo receiver next to a SA 3100HD tuner, and on the bottom an SA 3250 tuner next to my Sony DVD player. (the 3250 goes to the TiVo, the 3100HD goes directly to the Panny)

It was around $230 or so, and assembled in about a half hour. Silver finish that matches the Panny almost identically, enough that until I saw the part number, I thought it was "the one from Panasonic".
Did you mean the SANUS TV Stand Model:pFPL?

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.