AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First OF all I would like to state that I am a novice to this forum.

I want to buy a TV in states which I can take to India.

I figured out that LG and Sony have universal voltage LED models available.

But again the decission of Buying 46 inch TV comes to a standstill because of

PAL NTSC issue.

Let me know please which are the tv's which can be used in India (PAL)

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
AFAIK there may not be any TVs sold in the US market that support SD PAL and SD NTSC I think you will have to buy your TV after you get to India.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Generally lesser known TVs are more apt to accept PAL than major brands like Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, etc.

Probably the biggest brand TVs to support PAL would be Vizio, I've heard from various members they support PAL and have a universal(110-240v, 50/60 HZ) power supplies. My little Vizio is PAL/220v compatible but none will actually have a PAL tuner, line input PAL only.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff
Generally lesser known TVs are more apt to accept PAL than major brands like Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, etc.

Probably the biggest brand TVs to support PAL would be Vizio, I've heard from various members they support PAL and have a universal(110-240v, 50/60 HZ) power supplies. My little Vizio is PAL/220v compatible but none will actually have a PAL tuner, line input PAL only.
I believe there are set-top boxes out there that decodes PAL broadcats (and output 576i 50Hz?)

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff

Yes, almost all TVs today have 120/220v power supplies. My XVT550XVT Vizio TV, however, does not support PAL SD only NTSC SD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your suggestions and comments.

I guess most of the TV channels in INDIA is PAL SD. Correct me If I am wrong.

So any good decoder you suggest which can do the job better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts