AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which TV tuner is going to offer me the best PQ. I don't have an external tuner so I need something with a built-in tuner. Looking for something that will capture in a quality of at least 640 x 480.

Would I best to get an AIW like the 8500DV or get a stand alone tuner and video card.

Either way which is the best tuner and video card for PQ?

Steve

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
The best PQ and sound come from HDTV digital broadcasts. You can get up to 1080i resolution and 5.1 sound from some PC HDTV tuner cards, with perfect capture and playback.

For analog TV, the best PQ by far is from DScaler software which is public domain and supported by members of AVS Forum. For specific cards supported, go to the web site and read the list:

http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

This combination of PCI standlone tuner based on a BT848/878/879 Conexant deinterlacer chip and DScaler software is absolutely the best for bigscreen progressive-scan display. Capture for analog TV is supported by DScaler but it's very primative - I still use S-VHS. Some own hardware capture cards for this - expect to pay $100-$600 for one of those and to run proprietary software, not DScaler.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.