AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so. I'd like to make a computer with PVR functionality. I've got a TV Tuner card which is receiving input from my digital tv set top box. All well and good.

But I'd like to record a particular channel and watch another, I can't believe this sort of functionality isn't available somehow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You have two options:

You can record one channel while watching a previously recorded program.

Or you could record two live programs at the same time if you install two tuner cards. Just split the cable feed before it goes into the STB and have one input coming from the box via composite/S-video into one card and the other a direct RF connection into the other card.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It is available.

SageTV and SageRecorder both support 2 pvr250 cards that allow you to record/view two shows at once.

There is also an opensource app for the pvr250 that will allow you to put a couple pvr250 cards in a machine and record multiple channels at a time.

The latest ATI AIW's allow you to add a TV Wonder to allow you to watch one show and record another (can't record two channels at once though).

Al

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dkardatzke, your second option was the one which I'd thought up myself, I just wondered if there was a simpler way to do it. Thanks!

BigAl: surely with two of these cards you'd still need to split the input before it gets to the STB?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.