AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'm the right place for this but I'm trying to decide between a monitor or TV
for my mac mini (for logic X) and my ps4.

Sony KDL32W700b and Asus m279h (IPS panel)

I'm not a pro gamer so will it really make a difference 30ms input lag for the sony VS 5 ms for the asus?
Great color is what I want, I was using an Imac 27 and also had a macbook retina 15 so TN panel are a big no for me.
Every pc forums seems to say that once you game on a pc monitor you never want to go back to tv.... So I wanted to ask this question on a tv forum!!

So wich one will look better with my ps4, image quality?
Since both will do for me for studio project and internet browsing.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Not sure if I'm the right place for this but I'm trying to decide between a monitor or TV
for my mac mini (for logic X) and my ps4.

Sony KDL32W700b and Asus m279h (IPS panel)

I'm not a pro gamer so will it really make a difference 30ms input lag for the sony VS 5 ms for the asus?
Great color is what I want, I was using an Imac 27 and also had a macbook retina 15 so TN panel are a big no for me.
Every pc forums seems to say that once you game on a pc monitor you never want to go back to tv.... So I wanted to ask this question on a tv forum!!

So wich one will look better with my ps4, image quality?
Since both will do for me for studio project and internet browsing.
The input lag is not 5ms for the ASUS nor is it 30ms for the Sony. Measured by the same (Bodnar) method the MX279H scores 9-10ms and the Sony 14-15ms ... From the tv end you can hardly do better than this Sony picture quality wise as well, although putting it in game mode apparently has some effect on pq quality, so depends on how the Asus is reviewed really.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't find anything on the sony 32W700B (i'm from Canada), in the US it seems to be the 32W650A, and 32W750Bin the UK. Or are they jsut different models?

I took my numbers here from the 650A and the Asus MX279H on displaylag dot com

·
Registered
855 Posts
I couldn't find anything on the sony 32W700B (i'm from Canada), in the US it seems to be the 32W650A, and 32W750Bin the UK. Or are they jsut different models?

I took my numbers here from the 650A and the Asus MX279H on displaylag dot com
The 700B is 705/6B in Europe (05 is black and 06 is silver; A is a 2013 model). Here is a review of the 32" specifically https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-w706-w705-kdl-32w706-led-lcd-tv-full-hd-television-review.10458
And yeah displaylag has the Asus at 9-10ms didn't it? But various reviews mention it's not all that good in handling fast motion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mithras, I'll be ordering the sony kdlw32700b for sure.
I saw the kdlw32700c on a site that was 200$ more then 700B.
Is this a new model? Any differences?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks Mithras, I'll be ordering the sony kdlw32700b for sure.
I saw the kdlw32700c on a site that was 200$ more then 700B.
Is this a new model? Any differences?
Yep a new model, replacing the W600B series though. W700B is now the W750C series (W755C in Europe) ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts