AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Samsung UN55C6500 Slim LED TV and have been thinking about mounting it over the fire place.

I've ready a bunch of reviews about the Samsung WMN1000C Ultra Slim Wall Mount Black and have made the decision to give it a shot. I am still very apprehensive about doing this own and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts about this mount and whether you'd recommend a traditional wall mount (which I believe come in a slim/low profile as well)

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
$80 (Amazon) is about 2 or 3 times what a similar mount would cost at MonoPrice. Also over a fireplace might be a bit high (especially for an LCD set).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy  /t/1507758/tv-wall-mount-recommendation#post_24119561

$80 (Amazon) is about 2 or 3 times what a similar mount would cost at MonoPrice. Also over a fireplace might be a bit high (especially for an LCD set).

Agreed that the official Samsung one is overpriced but figured might as well spend a bit to get something that's certified for my TV as oppose to one that might not be. I am pretty sure I can get a reliable one for cheaper and that's why I am on here looking for recommendations.

Also, over the fireplace is the only logical spot for in my living room. I spaced out the couch and laid it out so that it won't be too bad. And being that it's a 55 inch tv I don't think height comes in to play all that much?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have 2 monoprice mounts and both are great...i would use them again with no hesitations

·
Registered
9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproman23  /t/1507758/tv-wall-mount-recommendation#post_24119357

I own a Samsung UN55C6500 Slim LED TV and have been thinking about mounting it over the fire place.

I've ready a bunch of reviews about the Samsung WMN1000C Ultra Slim Wall Mount Black and have made the decision to give it a shot. I am still very apprehensive about doing this own and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts about this mount and whether you'd recommend a traditional wall mount (which I believe come in a slim/low profile as well)

May not apply completely to your situation, but I just mounted a Samsung 65" 4K tv over my fireplace with a Samsung wall mount and had a heck of a time making it work.  I used the WMN350M which was the only mount rated for my tv.  Not sure I would go with that Samsung mount if I had to do it again.  Putting the tv in place was a real pain and I almost had to give up.  Making the blind mate by sliding the mounted posts on the back of the tv into the slots on the mounted pieces on the wall was challenging- made especially difficult while lifting the relatively heavy tv.   I had to temporarily mount a webcam back there to give me some visibility.  Also, the instructions that came with the mount left a bit to be desired.  They were inconsistent on which length screws to use to mount the plastic posts onto the tv.  One area of the instructions said one length and another area said another.  After several attempts to contact Samsung, they could not help resolve the issue.  In the end, I wound up figuring it out but came away a bit disappointed in the level of support provided by Samsung.  Like you, I figured that using a Samsung mount specifically recommended for my tv would minimize the effort but it didn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Many good posts on here have revealed that some of the picture settings are set on a per-source basis (even though you may have selected "apply to all sources").  My question is this: when watching a streamed video like from Netflix or Vudu, how do you control the picture settings?  Which "source's" picture settings apply in this case?  I am very pleased with the often referenced CNET settings for sources like my STB and Bluray player.  I'd like to have those settings apply when watching a streamed video source. So far, it looks as if the settings are simply the default "Movie" mode settings which are not nearly as nice as the tweaked ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts