AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently using the TV Wonder for watching cable TV and am reasonably happy with the picture quality (Garbage In - Garbage Out). The main reason that I'm using the TV Wonder was because of the GuidePlus+ EPG that comes with it...this thing is awsome...and seems to be the only interactive EPG that offers Canadian program listings.

When recording programs however the ATI recording software is limited to 704x240 resolution for MPEG-2 encoding. I checked with ATI support who said that they disabled 704x480 (and deinterlacing) in Multimedia Center 7.1.

I've noticed that other PVR software such as PowerVCR II 3.0 has software MPEG-2 encoding at 704x480 and better overall reviews from this forum.

Is there anyway that I can use the GuidePlus+ EPG with the MPEG-2 encoding software used in PowerVCR or is this a limitation in the hardware...or as a third option am I just completely confused here?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Where did you get the Gemstar EPG for TV Wonder? I thought it was only available for All-in-Wonder Radeons!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They just released the new version for the TV Wonder that works with Multimedia Center 7.1. GuidePlus+ itself is not available via download so you have to call up ATI support and have them send out a CD with the Gemstar program on it. I think it cost about $10CAD for shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.