Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the latest information courtesy of Samsung:

HLM437 & HLM507 2ND WAVE OF ORDERS

According to Samsung, your units have been "released" for shipment. What that means is each individual unit has been received at the Samsung warehouse, and assigned to each and everyone one of the 2nd wave of orders.

The next step is for each unit to be issued a "Bill of Lading" so they can be shipped out to you. Samsung is currently undergoing this process right now. Once your unit receives a "Bill of Lading" the shipping company will pick-up the unit and begin the delivery process.

According to Samsung, this step should take 1-2 days. Based on that time-line, some units can ship out as early as today through Monday. We should receive a tracking # by Monday or Tuesday for the units. Please understand that by the time we receive a tracking #, the units have already shipped. Therefore, tracking information is by nature 1-2 days behind shipment. Please don't associate a lack of tracking #'s as a delay in the shipment of your units.

TABLE STANDS

Samsung is currently receiving an allocation of Table Stands to fill all Table Stand orders. According to Samsung, all the units should ship sometime next week. We will provide more information as it becomes available.

SIRT165

We are expecting more SIRT-165 units sometime next week. Again, we will provide more information as it becomes available.

ZENITH HD-SAT520

Reminder, we just received a new batch of units. At this moment we have 13 units remaining. If you would like to purchase one, please view the TVA/Samsung PB page on our website that can be found on other threads, or call us at (888) 286-5353

CONCLUSION

Once again, we appreciate your collective patience. We fully understand everyone's frustration and eagerness to get their product, and are doing everything in our power to faciliate the process.

Finally, we have passed on any issues that the various shipping companies have presented to Samsung. We hope that with this information, the shipping companies will improve on their performance the next time around. That being said, all we, as a retailer can do, is instruct the appropriate parties to perform their jobs and hope they do so.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Thanks for the update Neil!

My wife is actually happy with the delay. She's getting *two* presents out of the set. She ordered it for my B-day in Aug. and it will be delivered for Christmas.

Cheers,

Ken

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thanks for the update, Neil. Glad to see you're back on your feet.

I have questions, though:

"HLM437 & HLM507 2ND WAVE OF ORDERS" == 53 TVs?

"...some units can ship out as early as today through Monday." Was Samsung as vague as that? Or do you feel that some units are very likely to ship out today?

·
Registered
38 Posts
If Samsung respects the original PB order, my set should be shipped early. :D

Watkins delivery stories get me worried though.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I received my HLM507 in the first wave of shipment and I have been enjoying it since Thanksgiving. This PB has been quite a ride to me since August.

So far, I have used it on a few XBOX gaming and lots of DVD movies. The TV has been great and I have no complaint.

I am just checking this forum for the status of my TV stand. It's good to know that it will arrive soon.

Thanks for the PB deal !!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manny1025-

If the current cycle holds true, the next batch of units will begin shipping 2 weeks from now. We are trying to squeeze more units into the next batch, but no word yet. I apologize for the vague response. As soon as we get confirmation the 2nd batch shipped, we will begin pushing Samsung on the 3rd batch.

Frank --

Samsung is very vague in their responses. While it's frustrating to us, we do understand their point of view. It's not like these units are shipping from a warehouse that only houses HLM units. Their warehouses are shipping all kinds of Samsung Consumer products to dealers nationwide during the middle of the Christmas season. That is why they are loathe to give an actual date on when a particular unit will get on a truck, in my opinion.

Chuenl ---

Appreciate the comments. We are working hard to get those table stands out to everyone ASAP. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by neiltvauthority
Manny1025-

If the current cycle holds true, the next batch of units will begin shipping 2 weeks from now. We are trying to squeeze more units into the next batch, but no word yet. I apologize for the vague response. As soon as we get confirmation the 2nd batch shipped, we will begin pushing Samsung on the 3rd batch.
Thanks for the update Neil.

Keeping my fingers crossed that i'll receive the set by xmas!

I'm assuming that each batch is 50?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Who would have guessed that the 61" Sammy is shipping before the final PB sets are delivered (Tweeter delivers to buyers this Saturday)?

I'm in the third 507 batch and hope Samsung allocates these sets quickly. I'll continue to wait patiently.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Neil, thanks for the update. I believe I'm in the first 50 507 sets but have yet to receive one or even a tracking number.

My order was put in 7/29 and I authorized charging of my card in late October when I was called by TVA. I don't understand how the "second wave" can be going out when my order still seems to be in limbo. I have been talking with Jason at TVA about my order for the last 10 days and am only getting vague answers as to an actual shipping date.

Is there anyone else out there in the "first wave" still waiting for their sets like me? I've been trying to be patient but would like to find out what is going on. Neil, I have sent you PM with my order #. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Neil, thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I'm at the tail end of the queue and I've just been informed by TV authority that my 50" set won't be delivered till January.

Since the 61" TV appears to be shipping, some of us may be considering it as an alternative to the 43" or the 50" order we placed.

Questions for Neil:

- What is the availability of the 61" set from TV Authority?

- Is there a Powerbuy price for the 61" set for members who are in the Powerbuy waiting for the 43" or the 50" set?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow. Ask and I shall receive. Got a call from Watkins about 45 minutes ago - they are delivering on Thursday. So, looks like Round 2 is on its way!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just ran out to bluejeanscable to get a component cable on its way to me (thanks to the recommendations from forum members).

As of 11/1/02, I was number 110, but I imagine I was probably around 90 or so by the time this order was processing (at least, given the number of delays/ cancellations people have posted in the last 5 weeks).

I am in Pittsburgh, by the way.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
So is the consensus (if there was one) on the first batch that the people on or near the coasts generally got delivery sooner than those in fly-over country?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Not sure they go in numerical order anymore. Maybe geographical? I was #98 almost 2 months ago and haven't heard anything yet.

jkzahn, I got my bluejeans cables last week. Can't wait to plug them into a DLP :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
i wonder when TVA si going to be calling for the 3rd round of 507. It's been a long wait and i don't know if we are going to be hearing anything soon on this issue from Neil. I haven't gotthe a call yet to process my order and i'm waiting patiently but my patients is getting less everyday. I see a couple of 507 here in Jersey and alot of 5065 in best buy and the wiz. I just want my credit card processed already that way at least i know i don't hav too much tme to wait anymore

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.