AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
It's old, and many know about it. I downloaded and installed it, but never used it after reports of a fellow AVS's having his media partition corrupted by it. Too risky, I won't use it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there, I am Ronen the founder of TVersity.

I thought I should mention that TVersity has been out now for 18 months and has been tested extensively by hundreds of thousands of people. It is very stable, robust and reliable and was never ever reported by anyone to corrupt anything. Yes it is still in beta (we are just about to finish our beta program btw), but this only means that there are still some minor issues with the latest features - nothing major I can assure you.

Anyway, try it or not, it is up to you, but when someone is disseminating incorrect information about the software we cannot accept that and hence I am making this post.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH /forum/post/0

I tried it and despite following the guide on the original site to the letter, could never get it to work. Uninstalled and moved on.

I bet you couldn't get the Xbox360 to connect to your PC..

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH /forum/post/0

The 360 could connect to the PC, but the additional files/folders did not show up.

Really.. Man, all I did was add the folder with the green plus sign and it worked.. I even got it to stream youtube videos and my local radio station..

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got it to work from my Core 2 Duo Vista Enterprise laptop to my 360. It was pretty easy to set up but I was very disappointed with the video quality when transcoding 1 mbps h.264 720x480 DVD rips (.mp4) on-the-fly. It looked extremely blocky and low-res. Transcode 360 did a much better job in my eyes.

Is there a video quality setting somewhere that I'm missing?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleman /forum/post/0

Is there a video quality setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Click on the Settings tab, and then click on the Transcoder icon on the left-hand side.

Scroll down to the Video resolution and Image resolution tabs, and increase them to either the native format of the file your transcoding, or the resolution of your set.

After you do that, you'll also have to clear out the Temporary Media Files under the General icon. Otherwise, the file you just transcoded may remain at the lower resolution.

Scott

·
Registered
909 Posts
as posted above you have to increase the stock settings for video res or it looks like azz.

Im very impressed with tversity and would suggest anyone without a media center PC use it. I have win2k and an old azz pIII and I can transcode anything (I just give it some time).

Otherwise I wouldn't have had any option. Also their forums have great support.

ronenmiz you are doing an awesome job! Thanks for your effort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.