AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I do.. It will stream almost every codec (I actually haven't found one it can't) but since my PC isn't that fast (AMD Athlon 2600+ with 1.5 gig of ram) it has to stop every few seconds to load.. It works better if I pause it for a few minutes then start it.. I really need to upgrade my CPU and Mobo badly..

It's worth a shot if your PC is fast..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use it and have been very happy with it but I haven't tried the transcoding feature to see how well that works. I also can't compare it to anything else as I'm still running Win2K so none of the Microsoft options work for me.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ive been using TVersity and LOVE IT.

I have win2k on an old azz PIII 900mhz. I didnt want to get a media center OS (im cheap hence the win2k + PIII).

This allows me to stream music, videos and pictures. The codec is the only trick to getting it to work right.

My PC is slow, but I just start the decode and then watch. I need a new pc badly, but until then this works great.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I used it for a little bit, but decided I liked MCE (using Transcode 360) a little better, so I've stuck with that for now. However, I was having issues with some .avi files, that were short clips taken with my video camera, and MCE won't stream those, but Tversity will, so I've left it installed and set up in the event MCE won't play something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.