AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does one do when TVGOS, the TV Guide, seems to miss channels or make mistakes as to what they are? I can't find any custom channel option on the Pioneer 633 and wonder if this is an omission on all other models as well.

In NYC there are several public access TV channels known as MNN or something like that. I can't find them properly if they do exist in the TVGOS since it got most of the channels wrong for Time Warner (I'm using the straight RF input but even with a cable box they are in a scrambled order.) I took a good look through them but don't find the channels labeled properly, nor are there the right stations for PBS on UHF that also appear in cable. So what does one do? I've noticed that you can't edit the channel list in TVGOS at all nor can you put in a "custom icon" if there is a channel that the TVGOS doesn't list at all or list properly.

As much of a nice thing as the TVGOS can be, to say that this was a "shlock job" is an understatement. I'm glad to at least have been able to look through this to see just how much I want to wait for the next generation. I shudder at the thought of potentially losing the TVGOS data such as channel setup because doing it again would take hours... literally.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.