AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my Panny 500u has been a joy. Even the SD channels look much better than the old set. One of the few remaining things to figure out is in editing a few of the channels in the built-in program guide, TY Guide On-line (TVGOS). I had it set up, while I was waiting a week for Charter cable to "professionally" install my cable card (what a joke that was). After the cable card was finally setup, it reset the channel listing, so I had to perform edits again (does anyone understand why the channels don't list in numerical order by default).

There are a few channels that it did not setup properly, and a few more that were not really setup at all, although for the most part it seems to be working quite well. I also have a bunch of used (or unavailable) channels at the end of the list that I can edit to be used in place of the few channels that weren't automatically setup. My delimna is that I can't find a way to change the logo to the correct icon. I thought I had found that feature (before getting the cable card), but I can't figure out what menu selections are need to get back to that screen.

Has anyone found any "detailed" info on the setup of TVGOS? The website www.tvgos.com is useless for any detailed info. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I regret that I can't help with your questions, for I have similar questions of my own. These seem to be generic issues, since the prolems are common with my TH42PX500U and my SOny DVR DHGHDD500.

To enhance your list, my questions are:

(1) why the TV guide setup lists channels in the order that it does. Since it is neither alphabetic nor by tuning channel number, I assume it is based on bandwidth position.

(2) is there an easy way to resort the listed channels into channel number sequence?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarrie
I regret that I can't help with your questions, for I have similar questions of my own. These seem to be generic issues, since the prolems are common with my TH42PX500U and my SOny DVR DHGHDD500.

To enhance your list, my questions are:

(1) why the TV guide setup lists channels in the order that it does. Since it is neither alphabetic nor by tuning channel number, I assume it is based on bandwidth position.

(2) is there an easy way to resort the listed channels into channel number sequence?
The channels are supposed to be listed by popularity. You'll notice, however, that Fox channels tend to be high up on the list; TVGuide has the same owner as Fox. It wouldn't surprise me if other channels move higher in the guide based on deals made with TVGuide.

As far as I know, there's no way to automatically re-order the channels based on channel number. If you want them that way, you'll have to do it manually, which is certainly a pain. I chose to only move my most-used channels to the top of the list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.