AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the various DTVPal threads as well as most of the other CECB threads, it seems to me that there is an opportunity for someone to make an auxiliary device. I guess it would be similar to those things you could get a couple years ago (that I can't remember the name of) for simplifying VCR recording.

A simple version would basically have user entered timers and 2 (or more) IR outputs. One IR output would blast the CECB to turn on/off and change channels. It could even be used to set aspect ratio and such. A second IR blaster would be used for the VCR/DVDR or whatever. I imagine some programmable remotes could already be programmed to do this.

An advanced version of this device would accept the rf out of a CECB to get the TVGOS info and would have some form of display to allow programming based on the TV guide info.

Of course the DTVPal was supposed to be able to do this, but the reviews are mixed so far. This device would work with existing CECBs assuming it was programmed with their info and could be update-able to know about future devices if a port was left accessible. If it was designed to work with the digital TVGOS info in addition, so much the better for future use.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think you are referring to a device called "VCR co-pilot". It was actually pretty stupid device. You had to leave the VCR on, tune it to the right channel, and all that remote did was send the record button to start, and send the stop button to finish the recording.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This might sound stupid, but I've searched and read several threads

on TVGOS and CECB's and I'm getting confused with varying info on different threads.

1. Is there a Digital TVGOS capable CECB yet? If so, what model?

2. I've read quite a bit about the TR-40 / DTVPal / DTVPal Plus / DTVPal DVR and TVGOS and how it sometimes works. Do any of these work with TVGOS reliably, and if so, which ones of the 4 models work?

3. Does any CECB convert Digital TVGOS to Analog TVGOS for legacy components looking for an analog TVGOS signal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts