Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Request

Dish Network is currently promoting "Discovery HD Theater" on their PPV channel 9428. Based on their promo, can we assume that your negotiations with Echostar are complete; and, they will be carrying "Discovery HD Theater" on your launch date of June 17?

I am also interested in obtaining any information you may have with regard to the 115 titles of programming that are currently available.

Response by Catherine Frymark at Discovery.com

We can't discuss negotiations currently in progress with any of our distribution partners.

Within the next few days, tvguide.com will list our HD titles. I'll give you a heads up when those titles/schedules have been confirmed.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Oh wow, this is exciting... I hadn't noticed what was happening on Channel 9428. Please keep us up to date on what Ms. Frymark says!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Whoa.

·
Registered
358 Posts
WoW!

Is Directv going to carry Discovery HD theater?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Well, just for a taste before the full schedule gets distributed, a little birdy told me you can expect to see 13 episodes of Great Canadian Rivers. For details and previews of the shows, go to the following link and click on the various rivers in the map:

http://www.goodearthproductions.com/htmlers/rivers.html

Chris

·
Registered
943 Posts
TVguide.com does not list HD programming for any current channel, so why would they list HD schedule for Discovery?

·
Registered
539 Posts
So the question is... Showtime requires a subscribtion to their basket of channels to get it. Same for HBO.

How will DT be priced? Or am I getting ahead of myself here?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I would put the Discovery channel on par with CNN or the Food Network so I would be surprised if Dish (assuming they carry it) would charge an additional fee for it. At least I hope not.

·
Registered
943 Posts
They could put it in their 150 channel tier, which would make more people upgrade to get it (and piss a lot of them off).

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
DirecTV already said no Discovery HD in the near future, Dishnetwork hasn't said anything, so I will not hold my breadth. But if they end up carrying it, we may have to sub to AT150 in order to qualify.

On the other hand, if I am Discovery, I will insist the new channel be available to anyone with a basic package. The more viewers I can claim, the more advertising revenue.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jacm,

Apparently, the "Discovery HD Theater" promo is merely a ruse in your eyes.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jerryez
TVguide.com does not list HD programming for any current channel, so why would they list HD schedule for Discovery?
You need to go to the source. Contact Catherine Frymark, Director of Communications for Discovery Networks. She gets her information from David Karp, Senior VP and General Manager of Discovery Digital Networks. He oversees the HD channel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.