AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start this thread, because in the other threads to TVIX 4100/5100 the JPEG-aspects always are ignored

I have special questions regarding the ability to store the own picture collection in this device (e.g. coming from Digital SLR-Digicams):

What are the JPEG-Capabilities ?

- Do the devices scale natively big JPEGs to

e.g. 1080p or do they use an intermediate 720i ?

- What are the loading times of big 6 Megapixel-JPEGs ?

- Can i "zap" fast through my image collection ?

- Can i scroll and zoom in these JPEGs ?

- Is a 1 : 1 scale of the picture on the screen possible,

so that 1 pixel in the JPEG is 1 Pixel on the screen ?

- Can i rotate JPEGs and store the rotation status permanently ?

- How is the overall image quality viewing big JPEGs on 1080p TVs ?

- Are there artefacts like blinking pixels when viewing pictures on 1080p ?

Thanks !

Palmo

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I played with the jpeg stuff by accident while I was testing the NFS connection. When I clicked on the first picture the 4100 started a slide show. It scaled the image to fill the screen vertically but since the pictures were 4:3 and my set was 16:9, I had black bars on the sides. The loading time for my 2MB jpegs was pretty snappy. I did not test zooming or scrolling. I don't know about a 1:1 pixel perfect setup either. It looks like you would need to scale and crop your pictures (using photoshop) if you want a 1:1 pixel with a full screen. I saw no artifacts and the images looked pretty good, I was not specifically testing for anything with the jpegs, I had bigger fish to fry, but they seemed to work ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.