AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why haven't they come out with TVs with more than 2-tuner PIP? Is this really hard to do? With the size of the screens they have out, you'd think they would have 4 PIP so you could split the screen 4 ways. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cause they'd rather people be like that Sears Commercial where you see the guy on the couch watching TV, and the wife walks up behind him and casually asks "What game are you watching?" The guy replys, "All of them", and the camera view changes and you see about 20 completely different TV's stacked up like a retail store.

Some HDTV tuners do have a screen capture guide where you see 16 still shots from different stations at the same time.

In reality, manufacturers probably realize most people cannot figure out how to use their PIP, and 4 channels would wind up being a support nightmare.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
About 7 years ago I was at a friends house and he had a new RPTV. On it, I could watch 4 or 5 channels in a row while channel surfing. But couldn't watch like 4 channels that weren't in a row. It might have been his cable box that had that feature, I'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.